Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Romanuk: "A Mother's Day massacre..."

Speaking of the 6-2 Washington lead. Really?! What an awful way to state that on this celebrated day.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Leafs looked way better last year against Washington than this “powerhouse” Tampa team.

Is that how that works?

So Washington’s is destroying the “powerhouse” Tampa

Tampa destroyed what clearly must be a garbage Boston team.

Toronto lost to Boston.

I don’t think you can assess the skill of a team like that is the point.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Is that how that works?

So Washington’s is destroying the “powerhouse” Tampa

Tampa destroyed what clearly must be a garbage Boston team.

Toronto lost to Boston.

I don’t think you can assess the skill of a team like that is the point.

Don’t you think you are digging to deep here? All I have said that Leafs looked way better against this Was team than this Tampa team. Granted, teams have their “convenient” opponents, but it seems to me Leafs can play any style and hang in there for 6-7 games even during their early years of rebuild, which is, if anything, encouraging.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Tampa? Yeah. Winnipeg? Nah.

Byfuglien's a top 10/15 D in the league at very best. They run a defense by committee system there.
Buff may win the Conn Smythe. He's dominating and plays over 26 minutes a game.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Don't think much of Winnipeg's PL#29. A great wrist shot and that's about it, very average in just about every other aspect of his hockey skills.

They were talking about him on the 960 the other day and Flames radio guys were saying he hasn't been good.

But he's only a kid, they don't always break-out in their 1st. playoffs.

These broadcasters are not Leafs' fans no matter how much you want to stretch it, but he's still on a 25 goal pace so it isn't like he's doing nothing.

He's at a .85 PPG, 5 of his 11 points have been on the PP where there more time and space.

Let's not forget he's only 20.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Winnipeg is the weirdest team. They’ll probably win this game, but they shut it down and fall asleep at times.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nope. Vegas with a good road game. Time to go home pound those Jets.

Yep. Let’s hope so.

Although, I think the Jets like crowd noise, which explains why they played so well in Nashville, and may do the same in Vegas.

Winnipeg fans are the quietest bunch after they get down a goal. Embarrassing, actually.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Brian Burke says Phil Kessel trade was product of ticket price fatigue - Sportsnet.ca
Brian Burke said the decision to trade for Phil Kessel was made mostly as a business decision to give Toronto Maple Leafs fans a new star player to cheer for and buy tickets to go see.

“The Phil Kessel acquisition was in large part because I thought we had some ticket price fatigue,” Burke said in long-ranging interview with Bob McCown on Prime Time Sports Monday. “If we’re not going to win, let’s at least have a star player with what we charge for tickets.”

The Maple Leafs, with Burke as GM, acquired Kessel from the Boston Bruins for two first-round picks and a second-round pick. But due to poor performances, those ended up being high picks which the Bruins used to draft star OHL players Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight.
While he has no regrets about his time with the Maple Leafs, he did say the market has “an overwhelming negativity.”

"The issue [in Toronto] for me … it’s a shear volume thing,” Burke said. “And when you’re not successful, they all pick up a rock and they throw it."

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Caps look impressive.

My Vegas bet for the Cup was on TB last summer, but the big, tough, physical Caps are making mincemeat out of the softer, smaller skilled Lighting players.

Washington is manhandling TB and running them out of the rink.

TB weakness is also the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad