Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
That's funny.

But why do we care what they put in their GDT? Seriously? We have some huge biased fans on this forum who do the same thing.

Meh I don’t care. It was on main board gdt had nothing to do with leafs so it’s just annoying.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Watching the Jets close this game out (and score some insurance goals) is a treat to watch. Really hoping the Leafs can put it together soon.

It took the Jets 7 years to be at this stage since they moved back to Winnipeg. We're getting there, and hopefully faster than that.

Reactions: cmorly

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
My impression was that Nas was just hanging on for most of the series. Your game 6 recollection is not really fair. Jets were all over them in period one and score should have been out of reach by the end of that frame if Jets got any bounces. Second Nas goal should have been interfearence or tripping. They cannot allow that to go as result was a breakaway.
So Nash perhaps should have won game or two, but not more than that. Jets and luck allowing series to go 7 could cost them in next one.

Nashville is a very good team, probably not as good as their regular season points total...if refs were handing them an imbalanced number of PP's in the regular season for them to secure their victories, they sure ain't getting that in the playoffs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
After watching the goaltending in the Preds/Jets series...I think we're to hard on Andersen.
Depends. When he doesnt provide quality goaltending, he deserves to be criticized.
All we need is for him to be an above average goaltender which he is, with the team we have, thats all we need.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That's funny.

But why do we care what they put in their GDT? Seriously? We have some huge biased fans on this forum who do the same thing.
More like, our team has some huge biased fans who take shots in the team they cheer
For example, some Leafs fan defending the Oilers despite how bad they are.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Well 3/4 teams remaining do not have that 2-way #1 stud D that is claimed to be an absolute requirement to win the cup, and this is after the team who won back-to-back cups didn't have one either. The game's definitely changing.

Should help cement the idea that paying a monumental price for Drew Doughty would be a massive mistake.

Reactions: Menzinger

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Welp, had tickets to a Queens of the Stone Age concert next Sunday but because of the stupid Jets that might get rescheduled. Another reason to hate them I suppose.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well 3/4 teams remaining do not have that 2-way #1 stud D that is claimed to be an absolute requirement to win the cup, and this is after the team who won back-to-back cups didn't have one either. The game's definitely changing.

Should help cement the idea that paying a monumental price for Drew Doughty would be a massive mistake.

You don’t think Tampa and Winnipeg meet the 2-way #1 stud D criteria?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa? Yeah. Winnipeg? Nah.

Byfuglien's a top 10/15 D in the league at very best. They run a defense by committee system there.

oh stop with your games IPS the Pegs D depth is OFF the charts , their forward depth is OFF the charts, IF you don't have that depth (very very hard to get) you need a 28 min #1 but it's ok, reilly is turning into one.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tampa? Yeah. Winnipeg? Nah.

Byfuglien's a top 10/15 D in the league at very best. They run a defense by committee system there.

Top 10 is still good, especially with his supporting cast

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
oh stop with your games IPS the Pegs D depth is OFF the charts , their forward depth is OFF the charts, IF you don't have that depth (very very hard to get) you need a 28 min #1 but it's ok, reilly is turning into one.

They have depth and some of that depth hasn’t contributed on the score sheet, yet.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It is indeed a very deep group. Just no stud #1D. They got great shutdown guys (Myers and Morrisey) and good 2-way guys (Trouba and Byfuglien).

It's a great D but I don't think it's as good or deep as the D that Chicago and LA were running in their glory days. (Keith/ Seabrook/Hjalmarrson/Leddy) (Doughty/Voynov/Muzzin/Mitchell).

The reason I'm going on this tangent is because there's a lot of talk around here about folks wanting to acquire Doughty and pay an insane price for him. @ACC1224 and @Mess are adamant that the Leafs "need" a Doughty-type going forward.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Got to admit, even as a part time Tampa area ( Dunedin) resident, I’m cheering for Ovie.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Drouin for Sergachev anyone?

This 6'3", 215lb. boy won't be 20 until after the playoffs are over.

Drafted 9th. overall.

Being able to anticipate a play is so important, maybe Dermott has some of that, hopefully Liljegren.

Reactions: Lilou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad