Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Good for the Jets. Sucks we are gonna hear even more Laine over Mathews. Actually they are posting it in the GDT. I mean even if they are right it’s getting tiresome.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Of course they fit the bill but we've been around long enough to know that the odds of that happening are very slim. Like the days of get Getzlaf,Stamkos,Richards,etc.
You can't sit around and hope it happens. You have to be proactive in fixing things with a more realistic approach. If it happens great, but if that's the master plan (the best you can come up with) I question the plan.

the way i see it

all we need is 1 quality C and 1 quality RHSD

and we will have ourselves a very solid line up.

kappy,johnsson,grundstrom,borgman,rosen,gauthier,aaltanen can fill all those lower end roles fine enough

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Bruins scored 1st in 2013.

I wish we got goaltending vs the Bruins like Hellebuyck gives the Jets though in the 2013 and 2018 Game 7’s

Sigh, this board is gonna be absolutely unbearable though if Laine wins the cup this year. It’s already unbearable enough just because the Jets went further than us.

meh, who cares.
if it wasn't that they'd find something else

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Jets were better team and outplayed Nashville in most games.

I'd say it was even. Preds outplayed them in games 1, 4, and 6, while Jets took care of business in 3, 5, and 7. Game 2 was dead even for the most part

Preds put on a clinic in games 4 and 6, but for some reason, they could not translate that success to home ice. Rinne and the giveaways......

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
With Nashville out I could really only stomach a Tampa Cup win of the teams remaining.

- I don’t like the Caps as a team.
- Vegas winning in their first year would suck.
- The Jets (and the rest of the Canadian teams for that matter) can get f***ed.

Tampa is the last team I have the most neutral feelings towards.

Last edited:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I'd say it was even. Preds outplayed them in games 1, 4, and 6, while Jets took care of business in 3, 5, and 7. Game 2 was dead even for the most part

Preds put on a clinic in games 4 and 6, but for some reason, they could not translate that success to home ice. Rinne and the giveaways......
My impression was that Nas was just hanging on for most of the series. Your game 6 recollection is not really fair. Jets were all over them in period one and score should have been out of reach by the end of that frame if Jets got any bounces. Second Nas goal should have been interfearence or tripping. They cannot allow that to go as result was a breakaway.
So Nash perhaps should have won game or two, but not more than that. Jets and luck allowing series to go 7 could cost them in next one.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
With Nashville out I could really only stomach a Tampa Cup win of the teams remaining.

- I don’t like the caps as a team.
- Vegas winning in their first year would suck.
- The Jets (and the rest of the Canadian teams for that matter) can get ****ed.

Tampa is the last team I have the most neutral feelings towards.

My bracket was Capitals beating Jets in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad