Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i really disagree, there is a short list of players in the league that "make everyone on the ice better" when they are on and those 2 guys fit that bill.

these foremen types won't survive, look at the hate for hyman,polak,koma in these parts.
Of course they fit the bill but we've been around long enough to know that the odds of that happening are very slim. Like the days of get Getzlaf,Stamkos,Richards,etc.
You can't sit around and hope it happens. You have to be proactive in fixing things with a more realistic approach. If it happens great, but if that's the master plan (the best you can come up with) I question the plan.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
No matter how good or bad your D is, if your goalie sucks, you suck... Really want the Jets out but this ain't looking good for the preds

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Tough having to make a goalie switch in a Game 7, but have to do what needs to be done. We'll see if it sparks the team.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
This game is making me hate Hughson and Simpson more.

"The shots don't matter they're defending"

You'd NEVER hear them say that for the Leafs, it'd be 'it's a shooting gallery out there', 'they're being very passive and not attaacking'

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So the team that scores first in game 7 goes on to win 74% of the time. In both of the game 7s against Boston the Leafs scored first... Typical Leafs man.

Scratch that Boston scored first in 2013.

Last edited:
Reactions: carko32

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
So the team that scores first in game 7 goes on to win 74% of the time. In both of the game 7s against Boston the Leafs scored first... Typical Leafs man.
Bruins scored 1st in 2013.

I wish we got goaltending vs the Bruins like Hellebuyck gives the Jets though in the 2013 and 2018 Game 7’s

Sigh, this board is gonna be absolutely unbearable though if Laine wins the cup this year. It’s already unbearable enough just because the Jets went further than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad