Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Jeremy Roenick is going to do his thing in Winnipeg tomorrow. What was Anson Carter talking about when he told him Canadian adult beverages are stronger than US adult beverages?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Jeremy Roenick is going to do his thing in Winnipeg tomorrow. What was Anson Carter talking about when he told him Canadian adult beverages are stronger than US adult beverages?

Canadian Beer is better than American Beer?

Also Vegas is insane. One of the Final Four teams left standing. Unbelievable. Who would've called that at the beginning of the year?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yuck. Don't want to see Ovechkin and Washington have any success either. I hate everybody but the Leafs.

if i have to choose between the final four, it's WSH.
so basically it's going to be Vegas. (siiiiiiggghhh)

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Leafs should have been able to beat Boston. Tampa is a fantastic team but I think the leafs should have been able to get a better result than they did

The only thing we did to Boston was dummy them for TB...our defense is just not good enough...we pretty much gave the first 2 games away...in contrast, after TB got humiliated in the first game, they tightened up...we couldn't do that.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wonder how many folks who complain about the Leafs drafting smaller players are paying attention to 5’10 Brayden Point dominating the playoffs this year....

Reactions: Lilou

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Wonder how many folks who complain about the Leafs drafting smaller players are paying attention to 5’10 Brayden Point dominating the playoffs this year....
Well I'm pretty sure Marner shut most of them up so. There were some people who were worried about Marner going into the playoffs, and turns out he was by far our best player.

Tampa created so many neutral zone/ dzone turnovers against the Bruins it was crazy. We wouldve been eaten alive

Reactions: Menzinger

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I can't watch hockey right now, i love the playoffs but losing just turned me right off. Haven't watched a game since then.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
if i have to choose between the final four, it's WSH.
so basically it's going to be Vegas. (siiiiiiggghhh)

Credit to Vegas' players for proving themselves this season after being cast off from 30 other teams, and proving all the doubters that they would be garbage ... But I think it's a bit of a joke that an expansion team, in its first season, can be a legit cup contender in their first season. Hopefully the expansion draft rules for Seattle aren't as gratuitous.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Credit to Vegas' players for proving themselves this season after being cast off from 30 other teams, and proving all the doubters that they would be garbage ... But I think it's a bit of a joke that an expansion team, in its first season, can be a legit cup contender in their first season. Hopefully the expansion draft rules for Seattle aren't as gratuitous.

Is Seattle paying $100 million more than Vegas paid? If so, they’ll get a similar opportunity.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Bettman has already said that the rules will be the same.

Maybe GM's this time around will learn and not grossly overpay to get rid of a single contract, or protect their #4 D man.

Florida gave up a 70 point winger so Vegas would take a 60 point winger that has a 5m caphit all because he had an off year (while the entire team had one) instead of Bjustad.

At worst you lose a #4 Dman, a #5/7 forward, or a backup goalie.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Leafs should have been able to beat Boston. Tampa is a fantastic team but I think the leafs should have been able to get a better result than they did

Tampa actually played to their strengths we played jump and chase even though we lost the vast majority of board battles. Watching Tampa was really frustrating, Leafs had the talent to win that series or at least make it more entertaining, I know it went 7 so the more distance we get from the series the more alright with the results everyone will be but they really did not play to potential and that is always disappointing.

Reactions: stickty111

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
TBH, I think Boston ran out of gas. They had a brutal stretch to end the season and then played 7 games against the Leafs. Losing that last game of the season played a huge role in their playoff exit......and I’m Glad

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Something painful about watching Winnipeg's youth wreck the best team in the league.

I thought we were on par with them to end the season.

Big difference is the Jets vet guys were/are better. Ie Wheeler/Buff >>>> JVR/Bozak.

Not to take anything away from the aforementioned Jet vets, but its understandable that we downplay how good the Jets young guns are (along with other teams). I guess its threatening to the vision we have of ourselves.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Does TB thank the Leafs for taking Boston to 7 games while they cruised to a 4-1 series win over NJ and got alot of rest?

I figured it wouldn't be long before someone said this. I just say the better team (than us and Boston) won. Records and actual results confirm this. Kind of a "give credit where credit is due" type thing .....

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Is Seattle paying $100 million more than Vegas paid? If so, they’ll get a similar opportunity.

Not sure how Bettman would explain to Seattle that they don't get the same deal as Vegas did just a short time later. Also, that would also mean that the NHL is admitting they made a mistake.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Not to take anything away from the aforementioned Jet vets, but its understandable that we downplay how good the Jets young guns are (along with other teams). I guess its threatening to the vision we have of ourselves.

They’re very good, but they’re no better than the Leafs young guys (id say about equal). If we’re looking for clear cut differences between the two squads we’d have to look elsewhere.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
They’re very good, but they’re no better than the Leafs young guys (id say about equal). If we’re looking for clear cut differences between the two squads we’d have to look elsewhere.

I basically agree with what you've said Menz. The only point I was making is that some may be a little loathe to admit their youth are good and on par with our own.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If anyone is watching the caps and pens game TAKE NOTE in a one goal game Sully doesn't wait till last 5 mins for the 3rd period to stack his lines and shorten the bench to even the score

hope babcock is learning

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Washington finally beat Pittsburgh!
and we're gonna have a new cup champ ladies and gentlemen!
(please, NSH or Tampa)

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
While I don't care whatsoever for the Caps team, it's kind of cool to see them beat Pens after all these years of failure against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad