Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
It was all psychological. We didn't dial in and compete relentlessly. Some guys have it and some don't, just hope we have guys that can tap into that.
that and there were some ghastly defensive plays at the worst possible times. i think losing so many vets next year is babs will be forced to play the kids more..we need to sink or swim with them.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
at least we can maybe conclude that we helped boston get eliminated by playing them as hard as we did in round 1...haha man im grasping at straws

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Crazy watching a team play a complete 60 minutes. We wouldve been swept by Tampa.
I don’t agree. We have speed and the same style of play. They are more experienced, but we would give them all they can handle and would sure win more games than Boston did in this series.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Crazy watching a team play a complete 60 minutes. We wouldve been swept by Tampa.

Depends, our team could beat either Bs or TB. They have to dial in and get too rate tending, sadly we only dialed in for 1game. Hope the kids find the intensity soon.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Does TB thank the Leafs for taking Boston to 7 games while they cruised to a 4-1 series win over NJ and got alot of rest? And f*** Backes, lol...

The big difference between the Leafs and TB is the defense. We got some work to do with our defense for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Incognito

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Actually feel kinda bad for Boston.

They lost Krug, Nash and Backes at the end there and half the team looked broken down. That awful stretch of hockey at the end and the Leafs pushing them 7 while Tampa was rested really did them in.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Vas outplayed Andersen and Point was incredible, outplayed many of our skilled players too but.....Hedman is a rare mix of size and talent, we don't have anything close to his caliber on our team.

To give credit to Boston, a lot of it had to do with injuries and looking gassed as well. Tampa capitalized on very short windows where they just couldn't play the full 60+.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Do you know why Tampa is way better than us? Because they played their game. They didn't care about the hittings and holdings and the physical plays, they just did what they do best: skate fast and played a skilled game.

That's exactly what we should have done, and it's Leafs in 6 easily.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Do you know why Tampa is way better than us? Because they played their game. They didn't care about the hittings and holdings and the physical plays, they just did what they do best: skate fast and played a skilled game.

That's exactly what we should have done, and it's Leafs in 6 easily.

They pounded Boston with alot of hits in this series...they weren't going to get bullied. We have too many soft players.

Reactions: Sonny21

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
They pounded Boston with alot of hits in this series...they weren't going to get bullied.

And their skilled players like Point, Gourde all know how to take/throw a hit while playing at top speed. For us, it legitimately might have only been Marner that did it consistently every game.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
congratulations to tampa! they were clearly the better team, and i really want them to win the cup.

lightning's top line didn't even show up for 90 percent of the series (is 90 generous?), and they still pulled it off because of their depth. i can't wait for our team to be that team. exciting times lie ahead of us.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I think we could've taken Tampa to at least 6 or 7.

It's just too bad the Leafs unraveled the way they did, especially in Games 1 and 2 (when we couldn't buy a bounce).

Reactions: Nooodles

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Tampa just showed why I wanted Boston in the 1st round. Scary ass team.

Reactions: Lilou

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs don't have a line as good as Point/Johnson/Palat. Just relentless, skilled players, full of energy.

No, we need to stick a Hyman or a Komarov on every line and then wonder why every team's star is scoring 90 points while our stars are struggling to 70 points or PPG in Matthews' case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad