Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Watching bruins I should say that they are not only one line team, but 7-10 minutes a game team. They cannot skate for more than that in full game. Problem is they create most of their offense in that span. Tampa was able to contain them in that 7-10 minutes span in last three games and then bruins were just gassed and stayed around watching Tampa skating circles around them. Leafs though gave up 2-3 goals in those 10 mins. We need better patience and some phisical play to break cycle on boards and go on attack.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Watching bruins I should say that they are not only one line team, but 7-10 minutes a game team. They cannot skate for more than that in full game. Problem is they create most of their offense in that span. Tampa was able to contain them in that 7-10 minutes span in last three games and then bruins were just gassed and stayed around watching Tampa skating circles around them. Leafs though gave up 2-3 goals in those 10 mins. We need better patience and some phisical play to break cycle on boards and go on attack.

They had a much tougher first round than the Lightning.

If Leafs had any defensive structure it is the Leafs the Lightning are beating on right now.

Reactions: canadon

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Thought we got beat out by the best team in the East? Or, has that idea died now?

I placed my summer bet on TB in Vegas at 17:1 odds and it would return a cool $3,400 ..

I've thought before the season even started that Stamkos and the Lightning were the class of the east.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

I watched the Bruins pretty frequently the last few months of the season and that was exactly the impression I had. It's unfortunate the Leafs couldn't properly deal with it but that's the biggest difference between a team like Toronto and Tampa, Tampa is able to maintain their composure.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
apparently the league is going to talk to Marchand about his licking.
that is a sentence I never thought i'd had to write.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
First lick = okay
Second lick = okay
Third lick = okay
Fourth lick = okay, but just don't do it again

This league is a joke tbh

Seriously. You warn him in our series to not do it again, he does it more, and there's still nothing but another "hey, stop that"???!

Even with his hits and crap, his suspensions are never really severe. For the long list of everything he's done, I believe he's only been suspended a total of 14 games over 5 different suspensions, and fined $17,000 over 3 different fines.

He's the ultimate repeat offender that the NHL doesn't treat like a repeat offender

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Seriously. You warn him in our series to not do it again, he does it more, and there's still nothing but another "hey, stop that"???!

Even with his hits and crap, his suspensions are never really severe. For the long list of everything he's done, I believe he's only been suspended a total of 14 games over 5 different suspensions, and fined $17,000 over 3 different fines.

He's the ultimate repeat offender that the NHL doesn't treat like a repeat offender
Apparently that first warning never actually happened. So it took 4 times (really 5 if you count his attempted lick) before he even got a warning

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If I am the owner of TB or Leafs, I would have file a sexual harassment in the work place law suit against him and file a restraining order too. He will be out of the game and series , right away.

Reactions: Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If I am the owner of TB or Leafs, I would have file a sexual harassment in the work place law suit against him and file a restraining order too. He will be out of the game and series , right away.

Maybe in Ontario it would fly, but not here.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
upload_2018-5-5_20-13-25.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad