Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kind of looking like a Winnipeg/Tampa finals to me.

Hope not....

20160406_tmobile_arena-6620-a4f346d366.jpg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
All goalies have this year. It used to be guys getting hot but how many have been pulled? It’s nuts.

Goalies are almost never the deciding factor in the playoffs.

Except for MA Fleury. Dude goes crazy

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
They probably were the best team in the east for about 4 months.

They were probably the worst match-up for the Leafs, and Matthews bad back.

Ya, your matchup comment could be true but I thought the President's trophy was given to the best team during the regular season?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Goalies are almost never the deciding factor in the playoffs.

Except for MA Fleury. Dude goes crazy

It used to be all about the goalie(a long Time
Ago-I feel old). Osgood cracked the “average goalie” cup barrier and Crawford/Niemi kinda cemented it.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander can become as good as Point if he changes his play style a little. Point is a marner like player who plays with insane amount of heart and drive. He is probably less skilled than nylander but is a harder on ice worker. I feel if willy gets time at center we will see a similar performance to point. Nylander can do similar things, he needs to up his effort and he is nost comfortable down the middle. I want a lot of our skilled guys playing game like point , who constantly attacks defenders and goes to the net with puck on his stick. Hoping, nylander, kapanen, johnsson , bracco can be similarly confident and able to take the puck through the defense in the future.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
this tampa bay team is what i hope(and believe) we will become in a few years..you can see why a fast team like the leafs and TB can cause boston problems. the difference in the 2 teams is TB has a few top end defensemen we cant match yet, and they have some legit playoff experience. but with 1 big upgrade on the back end this is who i think we become.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
this tampa bay team is what i hope(and believe) we will become in a few years..you can see why a fast team like the leafs and TB can cause boston problems. the difference in the 2 teams is TB has a few top end defensemen we cant match yet, and they have some legit playoff experience. but with 1 big upgrade on the back end this is who i think we become.

It was all psychological. We didn't dial in and compete relentlessly. Some guys have it and some don't, just hope we have guys that can tap into that.

Reactions: Leafidelity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad