Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Former meathead rants about toughness.

I mean, maybe he's not wrong, but the whole "I would have beat the shit out of Aho" was hilarious. Please, Andrew Peters. You wouldn't even be on NHL ice in this era.
Actually he's far smarter than you are giving him credit for: If say Krebs (or a Peters level player) gets Aho to drop the gloves and both get sent off for 5 minutes who wins in that scenario?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Actually he's far smarter than you are giving him credit for: If say Krebs (or a Peters level player) gets Aho to drop the gloves and both get sent off for 5 minutes who wins in that scenario?

No, he's not, because Aho is too smart of a player to drop the gloves with someone like Krebs, or especially a Peters level player. He's not going to do that. And in the off-chance he does, it will be at a point in the game where it won't matter.

If it was that easy, every 4th liner in the league would get top players from other teams to drop the gloves every game to get them off the ice, but that doesn't happen because the top players know better.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
To follow-up. per NHL.com Aho has played in 541 regular season NHL games in his career. To date, he has ZERO major penalties, ZERO match penalties, and ZERO misconducts.

The only time I really remember him getting in a tussle was with Jack Hughes in the playoffs when the Canes were down 5-1 already and was more of a wrestling match than anything.

Some scrub isn't goading him into a fight in a close game.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
To follow-up. per NHL.com Aho has played in 541 regular season NHL games in his career. To date, he has ZERO major penalties, ZERO match penalties, and ZERO misconducts.

The only time I really remember him getting in a tussle was with Jack Hughes in the playoffs when the Canes were down 5-1 already and was more of a wrestling match than anything.

Some scrub isn't goading him into a fight in a close game.
the only thing keeping Aho from being truly fully Datsyukian right now is he doesn't have any fights. Datsyuk was hardly a fighter himself but he had a couple good ones, including beating Corey Perry in one

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
the only thing keeping Aho from being truly fully Datsyukian right now is he doesn't have any fights. Datsyuk was hardly a fighter himself but he had a couple good ones, including beating Corey Perry in one
So what you are saying, he's even more like Zetterberg, who had 1 tussle with Malkin and that's it. We agree!

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What needs to happen in Buffalo is what happened in Carolina: The league needs to find a Tom Dundon type who wants to own a team bad and is willing to agree to a stip that he will be allowed to relocate on the 10th of never. Terry Pegula is a cancer on the league and sport who needs to be removed ASAP.

How bout' this...Pegula sells the Sabres and buys the Carolina Panthers?

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
No, he's not, because Aho is too smart of a player to drop the gloves with someone like Krebs, or especially a Peters level player. He's not going to do that. And in the off-chance he does, it will be at a point in the game where it won't matter.

If it was that easy, every 4th liner in the league would get top players from other teams to drop the gloves every game to get them off the ice, but that doesn't happen because the top players know better.
He is not smart. He's a p***y for not answering the bell. That is what I'm told.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Jets Sign Nino Niederreiter To Three-Year Extension​

DECEMBER 4, 2023 AT 10:10 AM CDT | BY GABRIEL FOLEY 6 COMMENTS

The Winnipeg Jets have signed forward Nino Niederreiter to a three-year contract extension. The new deal carries a $4MM annual average value (AAV) and will begin next season. Niederreiter is in his first full season with Winnipeg, after joining the team via a trade with the Nashville Predators last season.
Niederreiter has appeared in 23 games with the Jets this season, recording six goals, 14 points, and a +9. He managed similar stats after joining the Jets last season, appearing in 22 games and scoring six goals and 13 points. He also added four points in five playoff games.
Winnipeg is the fifth franchise that the 31-year-old Niederreiter has played for across his 13-year career. He was originally drafted fifth overall by the New York Islanders in the 2010 NHL Draft and went on to make his NHL debut at the end of the 2010-11 season, joining the Islanders roster after the end of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks season. His rookie season came in 2011-12, and was marked by a string of challenges, with Niederreiter only recording one goal and a -29 through 55 games. He bounced back from the shaky start, though, going on to record 833 career NHL games and 423 career points. He ranks sixth in the 2010 Draft class in career games.
Niederreiter is averaging just over 15 minutes of ice time this season, providing strong support to Winnipeg’s middle-six. He is one of nine Jets with 10 or more points this season. The roster currently ranks third in the Central Division, with a 13-8-2 record. They also rank 11th in goal-differential, with a +10.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Its a shame but I think they burnt that bridge awhile ago. It would really be best for everyone if they move. Not necessarily out of Arizona but far enough away that its like a new fan base.
Ehh at the same time, once that bridge is burnt, I am not sure you can be anywhere near it. Put it this way, if Tepper announced tomorrow he was moving the Panthers from Charlotte to Raleigh I don't think it would suddenly make me start following them, because the rot is still there. The owner who sucks is still there, and until that changes, it doesn't matter where the team is, the shittiness will continue

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Ehh at the same time, once that bridge is burnt, I am not sure you can be anywhere near it. Put it this way, if Tepper announced tomorrow he was moving the Panthers from Charlotte to Raleigh I don't think it would suddenly make me start following them, because the rot is still there. The owner who sucks is still there, and until that changes, it doesn't matter where the team is, the shittiness will continue
I get it but Arizona has a relatively new ownership group, they have an uphill battle staying where pervious owners have been so bad

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ottawa is dominating Toronto but Toronto is leading 2-1.

Stutzle failed 10 feet from the net. Whiffed on the shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad