Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I actually liked the prequels. They had their faults of course, including jar jar and Hayden's acting, but they stayed true to the Star Wars universe that Lucas created and that we all love. Also had some incredible characters/acting, scenes and moments and an overall solid plot structure and flow.

The sequel trilogy was so incredibly bad and forgettable. I watched all 3 in theatres and right now can't think off the top of my head any single memorable/good scenes. A lot of forced awkward comedy, poor acting, and maybe the absolute worst plots I can ever recall in a series of movies (nice job disney scrapping Lucas' outline and hiring multiple terrible directors/writers). The force awakens was the best of the 3 and even that was largely a rip off of the original Star Wars. Was cool to see some of the original characters back on the big screen but that was the extent of the positives.

Of course the originals are the best but the prequels fit within the universe. The sequels were like the "American Pie Presents" movies -- licensed the star wars name and some of the IP within the universe but just blatantly not the real thing.
Agree.

Star Wars became dead to me after I saw the first of the sequel movies (episode 7 I guess?). It just seemed like a completely lazy and shit remake of the very first movie without actually just remaking it (which they should have just done). The “First Order”, really?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
They had some cute kid in the first of the prequals grow up, seduce the hottie, and kill almost everybody in the last of the movies. Your dwarf comparison is pretty spot on, except for the lack of sex in your example.
There's a version of Snow White that has sex in it. Oh wait you are talking about kid friendly. Nevermind

The Dwarfs running a train probably not kid friendly

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Agree.

Star Wars became dead to me after I saw the first of the sequel movies (episode 7 I guess?). It just seemed like a completely lazy and shit remake of the very first movie without actually just remaking it (which they should have just done). The “First Order”, really?
Yea, for all the crap Last Jedi got it was at least the only one with a unique plot and characters. Not to mention a few truly epic moments (Force-projection and hyper-jump collision). Force Awakens is literally just the original with a female (who is naturally amazingly gifted without knowledge, practice, or experience of the Force). And then having Palpatine be the magical baddie, again, for the 3rd straight trilogy. Plus all the cheap ripoffs from the old EU stuff (Final Order Fleet vs Katana Fleet, Palpatine vs Jorus C'Baoth, Axial Laser = unimaginative Sun Crusher). Honestly the Thrawn / Heir to the Empire trilogy by Zahn will always be the sequel trilogy that we should have gotten...they could have even modified it for the time gap difference or replace some of the "original cast" characters without too much struggle (i.e. those characters kids).

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I tend to agree with the poster who opined that Rian Johnson just ****ed with the plot so much in film 8 that JJ Abrams had to move heaven and earth plotwise to tie everything up including all the shit that was reversed in 8. It was already a tall enough task to tie a bow around 9 films of material, let alone when 8 has enough plot twists to evoke a full season of Lost.

Stick. With. One. Director.

In other news, I've also been thinking Chat and Orlov is a great pair. Chat's speed makes him a defensive wizard with anyone in our system. Orlov can have some more freedom to do what he does best. It strikes me that Dmitry Orlov will be much more impactful as a playoff performer than Ghost. I also think Orlov could play on pairs #1 or #2 easily in a playoff series, where Ghost would be a big liability. I do think Ghost is still the better PP player, but Orlov hasn't gotten that much time there. (I also think our PP has looked pretty OK the past two games).

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The veteran player allegedly got involved with a family member of the young phenom? They got this completely backwards!

I swear, I wonder if this generation has even seen Major League…

As hilarious as it would for the rumor to be true, I don’t think it is. My best guess is Perry has a problem with drugs/alcohol and the team wants it addressed, while Perry doesn’t see it as an issue. Thus, the different statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad