Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't like making Poolparty jokes. That guy clearly had a hip issue, and considering the total lack of cap implications (cough Klingberg cough Murray), it was certainly real.

On another note, getting paid to take on Jack Campbell feels like such a Canes move. Not this year, of course, but maybe next season depending on how and if Andersen recovers (blood clotting issues are super-finicky). Terrible team defense seems to play a key role in why Edmonton is such a goalie graveyard.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
On another note, getting paid to take on Jack Campbell feels like such a Canes move. Not this year, of course, but maybe next season depending on how and if Andersen recovers (blood clotting issues are super-finicky). Terrible team defense seems to play a key role in why Edmonton is such a goalie graveyard.
Jack Campbell is bad tho. If we want another Scott Darling for futures while in the middle of our Cup window, just trade all of our good players for futures as well.

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It absolutely is. They get away with it because they're Toronto.

I don't know. Tampa, a sunbelt team, got away with the biggest LTIR abuse to date.

I think Toronto is so wealthy, they don't care about the salary so are more willing to use LTIR than other teams since they are still on the hook for the actual salary. I don't think they get special treatment because they are Toronto.

Last edited:

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I’d guess that the reason it’s banned is because it’s a one off that he had created specifically for Native American Heritage night. Since they did away with the custom warmup jerseys for a theme night they probably feel to be balanced they need to ban the custom masks.

I think if he had created this mask at the start of the year and worn it all year it wouldn’t have been an issue.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not matter what you did someone would be offended, which is why the league is doing it I’d guess. It doesn’t matter that his wife is Native, or that it to us is seen as a pure image. Some Native groups would be offended for various reasons, or maybe just because a white man is wearing the mask at all….even if he’s married to a native.

We can say “that’s dumb” all we want but most of us are white folk. We don’t and really shouldn’t get a vote.

I think it’s a sweet mask but I get it. The Native American issue is complicated and runs deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad