Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There's a belief that what happened to Johnson was intentional and the other player should be charged with manslaughter/murder. However, when you dig into the reasoning behind that belief, 95% of the time, it's going to be based on the fact that the other player is black.
The same people will be blaming Moloch hacking into voting machines when their candidates lose the next election instead of them being more repellent to the average person than someone who hasn't taken a shower in 8 months.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

Anyone interested in some cheaper assets?

Terminology goddamnit! I was interested to know what kind of existential peccadillo they have managed to cook up with some ELC player whose contract would move on to another season, and all they was doing was playing like shit.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Anyone interested in some cheaper assets?

The radical new approach:
scorch.png

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I wonder how much of this is the Flames stopping talks, vs. guys like Lindholm and Hanifin saying "we aren't re-signing into this dumpster fire". From what I've read, both of them were a bit on the fence and wanted to see how good the team is this year.
Friedman definitely, and I think others, had been saying a Hanifin signing was fairly imminent within the past 10 days or so. Friedman said that though he wasn't keen on it at the beginning of summer and had wanted to be moved he was likely to be re-signed soon. Now, as you say, whether this most recent change is the players, the team, or both taking yet another step back, who knows?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The real problem is Twitter’s algorithm is all f***ed up. It prioritizes those with the Blue Checkmarks and trolls have figured that out. So Twitter’s algorithm is saying “Hey, you seem to like hockey. Here’s what others who are talking about hockey are discussing” and it’s the same FirstNameLastNameBunchofNumbers posting the video and talking about how “They only account for 1% of hockey players, but 100% of on-ice deaths.”
Seriously, only use the "following" tab and use a browser extension that blocks the algorithm feed. I use "Control Panel for Twitter" on Firefox.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Seriously, only use the "following" tab and use a browser extension that blocks the algorithm feed. I use "Control Panel for Twitter" on Firefox.

You have made my life so much better with this post... looking into this now.

EDIT: that solved every complaint I've had about Twitter in the last ~3 years in about 5 minutes. I'm so dumb for not knowing about this lol.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can we please leave politics out of this? I am sick and tired of seeing it come up. If I'm not allowed to voice my opinions neither should any of you.

Unless I've missed something, no one's mentioned politics sans maybe the initial post? Like I said, the ones who are pushing the "intentional murder/anti-white terrorist" angle are most certainly racist, but there's been no commentary about politics.

Reactions: cptjeff

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Unless I've missed something, no one's mentioned politics sans maybe the initial post? Like I said, the ones who are pushing the "intentional murder/anti-white terrorist" angle are most certainly racist, but there's been no commentary about politics.

Talking about how the people taking the opposite opinion of you is still discussing politics. Stop talking shit. If I am not allowed to defend my position you arent allowed to mock it.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Talking about how the people taking the opposite opinion of you is still discussing politics. Stop talking shit. If I am not allowed to defend my position you arent allowed to mock it.

…What in God’s name are you going on about?

First, it’s not an opinion that racists are pushing an anti-black narrative surrounding the death of Johnson. That’s what’s called a “fact.”

Second, are you trying to argue that all opinions are inherently political, and thus can’t be expressed here? Because that’ll make for a very empty discussion board.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
My intent was not a political discussion. That comment was for the purpose of guiding anyone reading to the rabbit hole I went down without directly giving any of those users engagement.

Cruelty on the internet was my point.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There are people on this website calling white people racist just for the color of his skin, so no I dont really have any sympathy for him.

Personally he deserves to get manslaughter at the very least, accident or not you cant just kill someone with no repercussions.

But also as a jewish person whos had family in NYC get assaulted by black people and latinos, yes I do think its relevant.

You see why it's political now?

edit: not to mention this particular player is one of THE most violent players in the league, with far more penalty minutes than anyone else. He is known for crossing the line.

Still not seeing the political aspect here. Unless you believe racists are a political party or that racism is a political stance, there’s nothing political about saying racists are pushing an anti-black narrative.

I’m also curious if you’ve seen the original video or the edited one that makes it seem much more intentional by removing the hit that led to his skates being that high. The edited one makes it look like he roundhoused or dropkicked the neck.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Still not seeing the political aspect here. Unless you believe racists are a political party or that racism is a political stance, there’s nothing political about saying racists are pushing an anti-black narrative.

I’m also curious if you’ve seen the original video or the edited one that makes it seem much more intentional by removing the hit that led to his skates being that high. The edited one makes it look like he roundhoused or dropkicked the neck.

Calling people racist so they can be debanked and fired from their jobs just for having an opinion?

All these things are political viewpoints from the leftist side of the political aisle.

And I'm just not gonna let it continue to go on and happen without calling it out.

You cannot just call everyone racist that you disagree with. The word is already lost any kind of meaning whatsoever

• Haha
Reactions: MXD

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
There are people on this website calling white people racist just for the color of his skin, so no I dont really have any sympathy for him.

Personally he deserves to get manslaughter at the very least, accident or not you cant just kill someone with no repercussions.
Who deserved to get manslaughter for the death of Brittanie Cecil?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Calling people racist so they can be debanked and fired from their jobs just for having an opinion?

All these things are political viewpoints from the leftist side of the political aisle.

And I'm just not gonna let it continue to go on and happen without calling it out.

You cannot just call everyone racist that you disagree with. The word is already lost any kind of meaning whatsoever

I don’t know how to make this much clearer. This isn’t a left or right situation. This is legitimately a racist/not racist situation.

Do you believe Petgraves intentionally killed Johnson solely because he’s a black man? Yes? Then yes, you’re a racist. Sorry, not sorry.

Do you believe Petgraves intentionally killed Johnson for reasons other than the color of his skin? Yes? Ok, still wrong, but at least race didn’t play a factor in that decision.

Reactions: cptjeff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad