Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Edmonton’s jerseys are awful but they have dominated Calgary so far. Calgary lucky to only down one

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Oooof. Calgary is bad

Side note: I dislike how refs allow guys to be cross checked in the back when on the pp and shooting the puck.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
RNH wraps up a guy 2 times, each for about 5 seconds, and is then incredulous/confused how he got called for holding lol

EDIT: and now Dumbass...I mean Darnell Nurse takes a penalty seconds later after punching a guy in the back of the head, and then jabs him in the face. Second 5-on-3 for Calgary in the 1st

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Evander Kane is such a bonehead. You're up 1-0, out-shooting Calgary 9-1. Perfect time to needlessly board a guy.
And then Darnell Nurse decided he couldn’t be surpassed as the dumbest player on the team.

Also, good to hear Forslund on a TNT game. Never understood how he didn’t at least get west coast assignments with Turner.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1698627425282.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Great ending to the Pittsburgh/Anaheim game. Pittsburgh gets almost a full 2 minutes of 5-on-3 with about 2 minutes left in a tie game. Ducks survive the first penalty, catch McTavish coming out of the box, he buries the breakaway. 4-3 Ducks with 11 seconds left on a shorthanded goal

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Some of the reaction to the Adam Johnson accident is mystifying. I get why a narrative is being pushed by the X commentariat of a certain political persuasion, but that’s a Zdeno Chara sized reach.

I hope the other player involved stays off the internet. Having to deal with that burden must be brutal on its own, without the accusations of malice.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Some of the reaction to the Adam Johnson accident is mystifying. I get why a narrative is being pushed by the X commentariat of a certain political persuasion, but that’s a Zdeno Chara sized reach.

I hope the other player involved stays off the internet. Having to deal with that burden must be brutal on its own, without the accusations of malice.
not really on social media (not counting hf26)... what is the reaction you're referring to?

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
not really on social media (not counting hf26)... what is the reaction you're referring to?

There's a belief that what happened to Johnson was intentional and the other player should be charged with manslaughter/murder. However, when you dig into the reasoning behind that belief, 95% of the time, it's going to be based on the fact that the other player is black.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
There's a belief that what happened to Johnson was intentional and the other player should be charged with manslaughter/murder. However, when you dig into the reasoning behind that belief, 95% of the time, it's going to be based on the fact that the other player is black.
yeah, there's a reason I stay off that part of social media anymore.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
yeah, there's a reason I stay off that part of social media anymore.

The real problem is Twitter’s algorithm is all f***ed up. It prioritizes those with the Blue Checkmarks and trolls have figured that out. So Twitter’s algorithm is saying “Hey, you seem to like hockey. Here’s what others who are talking about hockey are discussing” and it’s the same FirstNameLastNameBunchofNumbers posting the video and talking about how “They only account for 1% of hockey players, but 100% of on-ice deaths.”

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The real problem is Twitter’s algorithm is all f***ed up. It prioritizes those with the Blue Checkmarks and trolls have figured that out. So Twitter’s algorithm is saying “Hey, you seem to like hockey. Here’s what others who are talking about hockey are discussing” and it’s the same FirstNameLastNameBunchofNumbers posting the video and talking about how “They only account for 1% of hockey players, but 100% of on-ice deaths.”
It would be nearly impossible to pull that off intentionally. Going down face-first, leg going up behind you, and intentionally hitting a guy's neck with your blade??

And most of the people making that claim couldn't even raise their leg that high intentionally.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It would be nearly impossible to pull that off intentionally. Going down face-first, leg going up behind you, and intentionally hitting a guy's neck with your blade??

And most of the people making that claim couldn't even raise their leg that high intentionally.

It’s cute that you think silly things like “logic” and “reason” still have a place on Twitter.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017

To be fair his leg comes up in front of him and he's leaning more backwards to the side leading up to it. He goes down face first after the collision.

I don't think it was intentional but it's such a weird series of events I've never seen before. I've re-watched it a bunch of times in slow motion and the left skate wobbles back and forth before it comes up so best I can figure is he lost an edge and then it grabbed with enough force to bring his leg up and then him losing balance just amplifies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad