Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
So does his suspension begin after he signs?

That is logical, but i haven't paid close enough attention to anything to see it explicitly stated.

No. Game 1 of the season

So, if the Sens accrue enough cap without signing him for half the season, can they theoretically sign him post-suspension to a decent one year deal and not have to move someone? Where the cap gurus at?

Reactions: cptjeff

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I think this should be the case. Maybe even get a cap rebate!
If the Sens sign him now, his cap hit does not count, so as long as there is room at the time the suspension is over, all should be good.

This is why I’m questioning this, it’s a way for the NHL to allow the Sens to circumvent the Cap and get Pinto under contract prior to 1 December

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If the Sens sign him now, his cap hit does not count, so as long as there is room at the time the suspension is over, all should be good.

This is why I’m questioning this, it’s a way for the NHL to allow the Sens to circumvent the Cap and get Pinto under contract prior to 1 December
Apparently … they *don’t* have to sign him by Dec 1 and he can still play this season.

I think Friedman reported that earlier today.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006

Would you say the nhl is

*puts on sunglasses*

betting on them working something out?

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Very moving, very moving. Been a long hard day up here. Bruins might make a fan out of me yet.

From an objective pov, the Bruins are a great organization that's run really well, are really closely tied to the community, do genuine work to support the community, and have a ton of great people. But they employ Captain Lickitung, and have a very hatable owner. But their real crime is winning too much. I'd love them if I were a Bostonian, but the good teams inspire hate because that's sports.

FWIW, I still hate the Bruins. As a hockey fan, it's the only correct thing.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
All the Lafreniere hate in the off-season and he has4 goals already

They're Ranger fans. This is what they do. Whine and complain.

Also, in regards to the Bruins, Poitras bothers the shit out of me. Not because he isn't good and is probably going to be at least a really good player long-term. No, it's that the f***ing Bruins fanbase lucked out AGAIN. Now they can actually re-tool and be a menace once more in a year or two.

Last edited:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
From an objective pov, the Bruins are a great organization that's run really well, are really closely tied to the community, do genuine work to support the community, and have a ton of great people. But they employ Captain Lickitung, and have a very hatable owner. But their real crime is winning too much. I'd love them if I were a Bostonian, but the good teams inspire hate because that's sports.

Oh yeah, I still get all that. :DD But living here in Lewiston, I may have to give in after all.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Nah, their fans are some of the most egotistical pricks in existence...they're shit-talkers who can give it but not take it

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Calgary is going to hand Hanifin and Lindholm big money deals to go with the other long term deals that will seal their fate in mediocrity for a long time. Sadly they would be better off if their former GM took the younger players package we offered

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
You and yours ok? Got to be terrifying. I have a bunch of cousins in that area, but fortunately I think they are all ok.

Oh yeah, we were home when the news broke, and haven't left since. Everything's still closed because they haven't caught the guy (I think he's dead in the woods somewhere, fwiw), but that's probably going to change this weekend. Otherwise I'm going to have to drive out of town to the grocery store tomorrow. It's truly shocking to be so close to something like this, and yet still be removed from it because it didn't affect anyone I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad