Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
uhhhhhhhhh

Copy Homeword meme.png

What's next? A storm surge celebration or fans fighting in the parking lot of Bojangles?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I mean, Pacioretty-Staal-Fast would be a killer 3rd line. If Pacioretty knocks out anyone for a top-6 role, it would be Necas, I would think. If he keeps having games like yesterday, though? He's staying in the top-6.

I'm not a fan of putting a ppg forward on Staal's wing.

Maybe instead they look to move Stastny to center and run 3 scoring lines. Kase has good offensive pop and we could just roll 4 lines easily.

Jarvis Aho TT
Svech KK Necas
Patches Stastny Kase
Martinook Staal Fast

That is a ton of offense from that forward group. Keeps all the forwards fresher because you can just roll lines.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm not a fan of putting a ppg forward on Staal's wing.

Maybe instead they look to move Stastny to center and run 3 scoring lines. Kase has good offensive pop and we could just roll 4 lines easily.

Jarvis Aho TT
Svech KK Necas
Patches Stastny Kase
Martinook Staal Fast

That is a ton of offense from that forward group. Keeps all the forwards fresher because you can just roll lines.
And none of those lines look like they would need to be sheltered defensively or caved in in their own zone. Biggest problem I can see is that there just might not be enough icetime to go around to make them effective enough.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
in a sign of where my brain goes sometimes…..

if you were a company that paid upfront for a long term contract to advertise on the boards in the arena, aren’t you pissed off at the hockey team right now?

isn’t the expectation that paying to advertise on the boards means you get eyeballs to look at your ad in the arena itself but also that everyone watching the hockey broadcast also sees your ads?

aren’t Nhl teams double selling the same board space and ripping off exposure time that the in arena advertisers paid for already? Are they giving those advertisers a refund?

maybe if they complain enough they will abandon this debacle of active ads with motion and stuff.. If it was a static ad that didn’t move and got replaced with a vertical swipe instead of this racing around the perimeter and all this fake extra motion it might not be so bad…. But seeing the real ads then this meme action gif and then blank white all in the space of 5 seconds is verrrrrrry distracting during live play while you are trying to watch the action and movement of the puck and ice skaters…

the other mess of players mixing in with the ad overlay and the ad overlay covering up the puck and action is just flat out unacceptable in the extreme…

/end second rant on this…. I’ll stop now… it’s not like it will do any good for me to whine and complain :). Teams are bound and determined to milk every penny…. Which I would be fine with if it doesn’t affect me and my ability to watch and enjoy the game… they are failing miserably so far though…
I thought the same thing. Sponsors have already purchased the space for advertisiting. I dont understand how they are able to sell it again AND erase the previous sponsor.

If I were them Id be pissed and be talking to my lawyer about the contract we signed

Reactions: Sigurd

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I thought the same thing. Sponsors have already purchased the space for advertisiting. I dont understand how they are able to sell it again AND erase the previous sponsor.

If I were them Id be pissed and be talking to my lawyer about the contract we signed
I would surmise that Gale Force and all others would have taken everything into account and negotiated with said advertisers beforehand. I mean, these are high level business folks. They aren't breaking contracts willy-nilly. Lawsuits and bad PR aren't part of their business model.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Tricky is also a complete win for whoever picked that

f*** man, Nirvana and Pearl Jam now play on the reg on classic rock stations. Just a matter of time before The Offspring become my (our?) generations The Clash
First sign of being over the hill is hearing hour favorite hair metal song playing on the Muzak at a department or grocery store

Reactions: DaveG

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Tricky is also a complete win for whoever picked that

f*** man, Nirvana and Pearl Jam now play on the reg on classic rock stations. Just a matter of time before The Offspring become my (our?) generations The Clash
IMO, it's too early for 90s rock bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam, etc. to be considered classic rock from an age perspective.

At this point though, everything is gonna be classic rock in the near future since new rock music isn't really mainstream anymore. Sad that it's kind of been a dying genre for several years IMO and you have to dig for new shit. Rock has such a rich history in terms of quality and pop-culture influence, but it's clearly been declining in the mainstream. Even great 90s bands like Soundgarden seem unknown/forgotten based on an anecdote years ago I had.

Reactions: DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
IMO, it's too early for 90s rock bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam, etc. to be considered classic rock from an age perspective.

At this point though, everything is gonna be classic rock in the near future since new rock music isn't really mainstream anymore. Sad that it's kind of been a dying genre for several years IMO and you have to dig for new shit. Rock has such a rich history in terms of quality and pop-culture influence, but it's clearly been declining in the mainstream. Even great 90s bands like Soundgarden seem unknown/forgotten based on an anecdote years ago I had.
Definitely not too early; 70s rock was considered classic by the time the early 90s hit.

Which means we are actually due for "Classic Smash Mouth", "Classic Barenaked Ladies", "Classic Maroon 5"...actually we may need to scratch that last one.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

I disagree. Rock is not dying at all. It may not be the same type of rock you listened too but there are many quality very popular rock bands out there not. Artic Monkeys and Imagine Dragons to name a few. They aren't quite my taste either but they are not pop

Reactions: DaveG and ndp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad