Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I know it was only one game but Calgary looked pretty damn good against Colorado last night. They might end up being the team to beat in the West this season, even with loosing Tkachuk.

I think Colorado’s goaltending is going to be a bit of a question mark this season.
I do think Calgary will probably be good again, but Colorado was traveling into Canada for a back to back after raising the banner. Their performance wasn't completely unexpected.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It wasn’t on the pk.

Not seeing the silly play either. The preceding play he had trouble catching a pass that wasn’t very accurate then it looked like he charged the far post because the guy taking it to the net from behind was escaping his man which left a second guy open behind him who scored the goal. If he didn’t charge the post the first guy scores the goal. So where’s the silly play?

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I think it went unnoticed, but former Cane Saku Maenalanen has returned to NHL. Jets signed him for one year 750k/250k contract this summer. Maenalanen assisted Gagner's goal in last night's game.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Yes, he’s the guy driving the net that Trocheck went to. I saw his name on the scoresheet for that play. Good for him.
Full disclosure: I picked the Maenalanen news from Finnmedia. Only after posting my post as what I thought was unrelated news and a new matter, I read the previous posts with thought and it was a Jets game Trocheck Gagner goal wait what oh it was that same goal experience for me. :laugh:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It wasn’t on the pk.

Not seeing the silly play either. The preceding play he had trouble catching a pass that wasn’t very accurate then it looked like he charged the far post because the guy taking it to the net from behind was escaping his man which left a second guy open behind him who scored the goal. If he didn’t charge the post the first guy scores the goal. So where’s the silly play?
I’m guessing the cursing is more about Trocheck having the pass get away from him at center ice that turned it over. Seemed like it bounced right off his tape.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Tro has been pretty good so far this year, although that should be expected playing with Panarin. I do think that signing will help the Rags this year and next year, but after that it will be a rough contract to be stuck with for a while.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Tro has been pretty good so far this year, although that should be expected playing with Panarin. I do think that signing will help the Rags this year and next year, but after that it will be a rough contract to be stuck with for a while.

I think a lot of that depends on his health. If he stays healthy, I can see him being effective for the next 3-4 years. With the cap rising, his $6M cap hit won't be untenable out in time.

Even if it is, his ACTUAL salary drops to $4.5 ($3M after signing bonus) and $4.0 ($3M after signing bonus) and he only has a 6 team NTC list those last 2 years. I don't think the Ranger's will have much problem moving a contract like that the last 2 seasons. If they pay the $1.5M signing bonus in the next to last year and retain 1/3rd, they save $4M in cap space but the acquiring team only takes on a few million in actual dollars over 2 years. It shouldn't cost much to move him should his play fall off.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Florida still has firepower on offense but man their blue-line is, not very good. I don't know what their prospect system looks like but if they don't have some young up and Comer, oh boy.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Sounds like Murray is already injured in Toronto and they don’t have anyone to call up to backup Samsonov as their two ahl goalies are also hurt.

Is this the year Dubas finally runs out of chances?

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Florida still has firepower on offense but man their blue-line is, not very good. I don't know what their prospect system looks like but if they don't have some young up and Comer, oh boy.

They have Kiersted (a college UDFA), Max Gildon (a third rounder from a few years ago), and John Ludvig (another third rounder from a few years ago) as possible young insurance policies...yeah, that cupboard's pretty bare lol.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’m guessing the cursing is more about Trocheck having the pass get away from him at center ice that turned it over. Seemed like it bounced right off his tape.
He uses a 7 iron heel curve like the old Easton Drury. Tough to catch backhand passes that aren’t deep to that side, that angle looked like a tough one to catch but yes it’s in his area. I just don’t see missing a catch as a bad play as it happens so often. I would get it more if he caught it then lost it by not being strong on the puck.

I assumed on first glance the cursing was about that pass too and not any blown coverage in front of the net. It’s a silly thing for even a coach to be annoyed with, to that level anyways. He’s a coach in the NHL, he’s gonna yell about something on every goal.

My point is Trocheck didn’t do something stupid, he just missed a pass in the neutral zone. It eventually went into the net but there’s some other mistakes by other guys going on there too.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So RHD Tucker Poolman left the game injured for Vancouver today. Depending how long he's out, I wonder if there will be a renewed interest in trading for Bear.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
So RHD Tucker Poolman left the game injured for Vancouver today. Depending how long he's out, I wonder if there will be a renewed interest in trading for Bear.

Vancouver can only squeeze assets so hard when they're competing for a playoff spot and their fanbase has such expectations. They may eventually have to pay up some for help.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He uses a 7 iron heel curve like the old Easton Drury. Tough to catch backhand passes that aren’t deep to that side, that angle looked like a tough one to catch but yes it’s in his area. I just don’t see missing a catch as a bad play as it happens so often. I would get it more if he caught it then lost it by not being strong on the puck.

I assumed on first glance the cursing was about that pass too and not any blown coverage in front of the net. It’s a silly thing for even a coach to be annoyed with, to that level anyways. He’s a coach in the NHL, he’s gonna yell about something on every goal.

My point is Trocheck didn’t do something stupid, he just missed a pass in the neutral zone. It eventually went into the net but there’s some other mistakes by other guys going on there too.

My major takeaway wasn’t “Trocheck screwed up.”

My major takeaway was “Maybe there’s a reason Gallant keeps getting fired despite good records.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad