Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Too bad we can't and won't get Patrick Kane (money and contract extension concerns/just being a rental). We've loaded up on other good veterans after all, and having another great top 6 forward I think would be important for this team.

We'd be better off looking elsewhere anyway.
I do think that adding a guy who would be the best player on the team would be significant.

Parking is now $30 to park all the way near the State practice field. I am probably not going to many games because of that.
Careful … you’re starting to sound like Ottawa fans (who complained about $20 CDN parking).

Reactions: DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Too bad we can't and won't get Patrick Kane (money and contract extension concerns/just being a rental). We've loaded up on other good veterans after all, and having another great top 6 forward I think would be important for this team.

We'd be better off looking elsewhere anyway.
There is another top 6 forward coming in February. Not sure who Pacioretty bumps out of the top 6 looking at last night, though.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Not a good start for Grubauer, letting up 5 against a meh Ducks squad.

Vancouver going up 3-0 and allowing 5 straight. Rough. Hopefully that happens a few more times so we can get a good price for Bear.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
There is another top 6 forward coming in February. Not sure who Pacioretty bumps out of the top 6 looking at last night, though.

I mean, Pacioretty-Staal-Fast would be a killer 3rd line. If Pacioretty knocks out anyone for a top-6 role, it would be Necas, I would think. If he keeps having games like yesterday, though? He's staying in the top-6.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Seeing lots of complaints about the digital board ads so far.

I noticed they were there on the Bally's broadcast, but mostly when the sponsor changed or they shifted to a low corner camera and the boards "changed".

But some of these comments mentioned motion ads on the digital boards. Glad I didn't see those last night.

One static ad across all the boards that changes occasionally actually looked pretty good to me.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Parking is now $30 to park all the way near the State practice field. I am probably not going to many games because of that.
I mean one of the things about having a really good team is that the organization doesn't care right now because there are enough people actually willing to pay their prices that they will still sell out the arena most nights. And for a franchise that has ridden the break even point for most of its existence, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I mean, Pacioretty-Staal-Fast would be a killer 3rd line. If Pacioretty knocks out anyone for a top-6 role, it would be Necas, I would think. If he keeps having games like yesterday, though? He's staying in the top-6.

Long ways away but I actually suspect Turbo would get moved down with Staal. They already have pretty good chemistry together and I think that creates the best balance for our forward lines. Great problem to have…

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think Patches is gonna fit so perfectly with Aho once we finally get him back.

If Pacioretty plays with Aho, It'll likely be a line of Pacioretty-Aho-Teravainen because the Finns have too much chemistry. Second line likely then becomes Svech-KK-Jarvis and the third line becomes Necas-Staal-Fast. Necas has tremendously improved his defensive game over the last few seasons and likely now can hang with that group in the event of huge forward depth and play the Nino role.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
This is why I prepay for parking in my ticket plan. Halves the price and the cost is dealt with up front.
Ditto. Plus there's a site, I think it's called something like Park Whiz or some such and I think parking is like $22 if you buy your parking there.
Long ways away but I actually suspect Turbo would get moved down with Staal. They already have pretty good chemistry together and I think that creates the best balance for our forward lines. Great problem to have…
My only challenge with this is that Turbo is the best defensive player on that line. Aho and Jarvis are no slouches, but Turbo's clearly the best of the group defensively.
If Pacioretty plays with Aho, It'll likely be a line of Pacioretty-Aho-Teravainen because the Finns have too much chemistry. Second line likely then becomes Svech-KK-Jarvis and the third line becomes Necas-Staal-Fast. Necas has tremendously improved his defensive game over the last few seasons and likely now can hang with that group in the event of huge forward depth and play the Nino role.
Unless Necas fails miserably, he's not getting replaced on the 2nd line. Even Rod knows that's the type of blow to confidence that could turn things around for the kid. Now if he slumps or some such, then I could see him moved to Staal's line where he'd still be the designated scoring option.....but I think the team likes having two high powered, fast lines like they rolled last evening.

Reactions: cptjeff

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
The Bridgestone ad with the tire that rolls across the boards in the opposite direction of the puck entering the zone needs to GO. In fact, tires rolling across the board at all is bad...immediately your eyes shift to it and you stop watching the game momentarily. I get that ads need to be noticed, but at the detriment to the game is a marketing bridge too far.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
The Bridgestone ad with the tire that rolls across the boards in the opposite direction of the puck entering the zone needs to GO. In fact, tires rolling across the board at all is bad...immediately your eyes shift to it and you stop watching the game momentarily. I get that ads need to be noticed, but at the detriment to the game is a marketing bridge too far.
Agree. Don't mind them milking whatever they can get from advertising as long as it doesn't detract from the game. The on ice static stuff, helmet and the like are fine. But the changing boards while the puck is in play is too much.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The board adds during last nights game didn't bother me, but if I see this during some of our games, I might need some Dramamine:

I was watching that game last night on my laptop and when that happened the first time, I assumed it was my feed but soon realized it was the adds/technology.

I agree with @geehaad on the rolling tires. The adds didn’t bother me much until that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad