Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
The board adds during last nights game didn't bother me, but if I see this during some of our games, I might need some Dramamine:

The only time it bothered me was when a puck went into a corner the camera zoomed in and the board ad disappeared showing the in arena ads and then went to a blank white strip all within 2 seconds.

Reactions: Chrispy and DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Nah the winners are the guys going old school rock. Crue and Foreigner FTW

Old guy rock for the win! :yo:
Ha ha, on the broadcast for the Sabres/Sens, I just heard someone (a player I assume) yell: "you little pipsqueak, shut the f*** up". Announcers were talking about the trash talking just a second before and went silent.

There's a lot of funny shit said on the ice that we as fans unfortunately end up missing out on. I do remember VERSUS (lol) picking up "I really don't have to f***ing kill Giroux tonight!". Luckily for the audience Forslund was on that call and didn't talk over the chatter or do some phony apology for off colored language

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Well depending on who you talk too (like the 6th-12th graders in my youth group) Hootie, Matchbox 20, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blues Traveler, Sugar Ray, etc are old guy rock.

Ouch, that one hurt me in the feels man.
One Hot Minute and Four were the first cds I ever owned and it was because of the album art. Shaped my whole future so f*** them kids

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Nah the winners are the guys going old school rock. Crue and Foreigner FTW
Tricky is also a complete win for whoever picked that

Well it used to, but then we got old and Cruel, Poison, GNR, ect became classic rock
f*** man, Nirvana and Pearl Jam now play on the reg on classic rock stations. Just a matter of time before The Offspring become my (our?) generations The Clash

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
One Hot Minute and Four were the first cds I ever owned and it was because of the album art. Shaped my whole future so f*** them kids

The Blues Traveler cat kicks ass!

Tricky is also a complete win for whoever picked that

f*** man, Nirvana and Pearl Jam now play on the reg on classic rock stations. Just a matter of time before The Offspring become my (our?) generations The Clash

Same. Stone Temple Pilots too. Damn.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Tro gets his first goal for the rangers tonight

Apparently neither team is playing their goalie this period, 3 goals in like 2 min (2 Rags, 1 Wild)...Rags up 6-2

EDIT: Make that 4 in < 3 min, now 6-3 Rags

• Wow
Reactions: Tryamw

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
So I'm watching the board ad changes at Wild and Seattle. Change every 30 secs. Neither places seem as noticable as last night but that might be due to novelty. When ads change vertically it is much less distracting than horizontal - it's quicker and less sq footage of 'movement' involved.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pop quiz: you have a 35yo possible hall of famer 16 games from hitting 1000 ironman games, but he's done and doesn't fit with the team at all. Do you scratch him or cost your team games? WWRBD?

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
in a sign of where my brain goes sometimes…..

if you were a company that paid upfront for a long term contract to advertise on the boards in the arena, aren’t you pissed off at the hockey team right now?

isn’t the expectation that paying to advertise on the boards means you get eyeballs to look at your ad in the arena itself but also that everyone watching the hockey broadcast also sees your ads?

aren’t Nhl teams double selling the same board space and ripping off exposure time that the in arena advertisers paid for already? Are they giving those advertisers a refund?

maybe if they complain enough they will abandon this debacle of active ads with motion and stuff.. If it was a static ad that didn’t move and got replaced with a vertical swipe instead of this racing around the perimeter and all this fake extra motion it might not be so bad…. But seeing the real ads then this meme action gif and then blank white all in the space of 5 seconds is verrrrrrry distracting during live play while you are trying to watch the action and movement of the puck and ice skaters…

the other mess of players mixing in with the ad overlay and the ad overlay covering up the puck and action is just flat out unacceptable in the extreme…

/end second rant on this…. I’ll stop now… it’s not like it will do any good for me to whine and complain :). Teams are bound and determined to milk every penny…. Which I would be fine with if it doesn’t affect me and my ability to watch and enjoy the game… they are failing miserably so far though…

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Pop quiz: you have a 35yo possible hall of famer 16 games from hitting 1000 ironman games, but he's done and doesn't fit with the team at all. Do you scratch him or cost your team games? WWRBD?
I would only play him in contests i knew I had a big advantage (if those exist). If not I say thanks but go coach / play on a young up and coming team who likely isn’t going to win yet.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I'd be the bad guy but I'd play the 12 best skaters that I think give us the best shot to win. If he's not one of them, oh well.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Your team is already pretty hated by many folks. What's adding another reason to the pile?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Rod would have spent time over the summer making the Kessel Run.

Probably much more than 12 parsecs, though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Your team is already pretty hated by many folks. What's adding another reason to the pile?
7602.jpg

You need teams like them so you can point and say 'there's the bad guy'.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
in a sign of where my brain goes sometimes…..

if you were a company that paid upfront for a long term contract to advertise on the boards in the arena, aren’t you pissed off at the hockey team right now?

isn’t the expectation that paying to advertise on the boards means you get eyeballs to look at your ad in the arena itself but also that everyone watching the hockey broadcast also sees your ads?

aren’t Nhl teams double selling the same board space and ripping off exposure time that the in arena advertisers paid for already? Are they giving those advertisers a refund?

maybe if they complain enough they will abandon this debacle of active ads with motion and stuff.. If it was a static ad that didn’t move and got replaced with a vertical swipe instead of this racing around the perimeter and all this fake extra motion it might not be so bad…. But seeing the real ads then this meme action gif and then blank white all in the space of 5 seconds is verrrrrrry distracting during live play while you are trying to watch the action and movement of the puck and ice skaters…

the other mess of players mixing in with the ad overlay and the ad overlay covering up the puck and action is just flat out unacceptable in the extreme…

/end second rant on this…. I’ll stop now… it’s not like it will do any good for me to whine and complain :). Teams are bound and determined to milk every penny…. Which I would be fine with if it doesn’t affect me and my ability to watch and enjoy the game… they are failing miserably so far though…
From the point of view of an advertiser, I would be upset if the boards are sold as long term properties. But are they sold that way? I would expect they are year to year and that when the NHL and the clubs decided on this new tech advertising, they informed their customers this year what the plan was.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
From the point of view of an advertiser, I would be upset if the boards are sold as long term properties. But are they sold that way? I would expect they are year to year and that when the NHL and the clubs decided on this new tech advertising, they informed their customers this year what the plan was.
And if there was a long term deal w some, those advertisers might have gotten a discount/deal on the new tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad