GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
I didn't even look at the Jets and Flames next 5 games. Flames are just 4 back of WPG and they play each other once

Jets next 5 games - Wild, Panthers, Lightning, Hurricanes, Bruins

Flames next 5 - ducks, sens, coyotes, Vegas, Stars.

Reactions: Ibanez

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I didn't even look at the Jets and Flames next 5 games. Flames are just 4 back of WPG and they play each other once

That's why I haven't counted them out. I'm not worried they'll catch the Oilers at all but they're within striking distance of WC2. Nashville has several games in hand on Calgary though so as long as they stay ahead of them by winning those games, I'm happy.

Reactions: TGOSnipes99

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Eh just so much puck luck this year. It’s annoying. But it happens to one or two teams each year. Goals just seem to go in and wins happen in bunches. Doubt there will be a repeat next year. They don’t scare me. Everyone is having a career year.

Seattle feels like a team that could steal the division and end up going out in an “upset” to the wildcard.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I think the Flames make it and the Jets choke.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think the Flames make it and the Jets choke.

Haven't heard much talk of it yet, but Winnipeg is on very thin ice IMO. Slumping at the wrong time of year and a difficult schedule in front of them. 10-8 the rest of the way probably is enough for them to hang on, but they will be underdogs in their next several games. The Jets are about two losses away from being in full blown panic mode.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Seattle feels like a team that could steal the division and end up going out in an “upset” to the wildcard.

I really do feel with Seattle, that their record is better because teams dont really get up for them. No history or animosity.

I think its why the Oilers (and there are others as well) that lose to bottom feeders too much is that just arent invested to play the Arizona's, Montreals, Chicagos, Anaheims etc.

I do think Seattle's (Forwards/Defense) are playing well, dont get me wrong. But considering that even their goaltending pretty much sucks, I dont think their play is sustainable.

I think when the games matter, Seattle is just going to get walked right out of the playoffs though.

With the Oilers, I do think they have to play teams at a higher intensity level. So many goalies, dman, star players want to show what they can do against McDavid and company.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Haven't heard much talk of it yet, but Winnipeg is on very thin ice IMO. Slumping at the wrong time of year and a difficult schedule in front of them. 10-8 the rest of the way probably is enough for them to hang on, but they will be underdogs in their next several games. The Jets are about two losses away from being in full blown panic mode.
they got a chance every game with Hellebuyck in net

Reactions: Ibanez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Worst waiver move this year goes to the Predators giving Tolvanen away for free, has 11 goals in 30 games for the Kraken
I was saying this in realtime. Plus that the Oil should have made a move on the player. The guy has some kind of shot and snipe ability. Preds though are one of those backward Bahston type orgs that figure every player has to have some kind of right attitude. In otherwords there were subjective views about Tolvanens 200ft game which I think are mostly fiction. In anycase you can't teach talent. But you can teach whole game attributes.

Letting Tolvanen go is worse when its considered that Nash ends up giving a conference opponent that has occupied one of the playoff spots and have benefitted from the goal scoring. As much as Seattle have scored they are the kind of team that can go dry because they rely on scoring by depth and have no elite players.

I really do feel with Seattle, that their record is better because teams dont really get up for them. No history or animosity.

I think its why the Oilers (and there are others as well) that lose to bottom feeders too much is that just arent invested to play the Arizona's, Montreals, Chicagos, Anaheims etc.

I do think Seattle's (Forwards/Defense) are playing well, dont get me wrong. But considering that even their goaltending pretty much sucks, I dont think their play is sustainable.

I think when the games matter, Seattle is just going to get walked right out of the playoffs though.

With the Oilers, I do think they have to play teams at a higher intensity level. So many goalies, dman, star players want to show what they can do against McDavid and company.
Seattle would be a great playoff match for any opponent. They would be one and done.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I was saying this in realtime. Plus that the Oil should have made a move on the player. The guy has some kind of shot and snipe ability. Preds though are one of those backward Bahston type orgs that figure every player has to have some kind of right attitude. In otherwords there were subjective views about Tolvanens 200ft game which I think are mostly fiction. In anycase you can't teach talent. But you can teach whole game attributes.

Letting Tolvanen go is worse when its considered that Nash ends up giving a conference opponent that has occupied one of the playoff spots and have benefitted from the goal scoring. As much as Seattle have scored they are the kind of team that can go dry because they rely on scoring by depth and have no elite players.

Seattle would be a great playoff match for any opponent. They would be one and done.
Literally zero elite players. I cant remember the last successful playoff team with not one elite player… nothing comes to mind…

I don’t see McCann scoring 30 goals year over year…

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Literally zero elite players. I cant remember the last successful playoff team with not one elite player… nothing comes to mind…

I don’t see McCann scoring 30 goals year over year…
Tolvanen was so available. Really all it would cost was a phone call. Pisses me off we didn't get him. That one timer and shot would look sweet with Drai finding it around here.

"The price you have to pay" for Tolvanen was nothing. Just have the cap available or move a player out to accomodate. At least we got Kostin. That was a good add but Tolvanen is much better goal scorer.

yeah the McCann thing, its uncanny. Kraken are so like Flames teams. you wonder where the goals come from and then somehow they manage to kick enough pucks in net. Like others have said because opponents play them so lightly and don't even cover. Like all of last season teams were just looking off Mangypane. Not even bothering to cover him. Theres a shelf life to the kind of scoring Seattle get but it doesnt' expire until opponents at least bring some level of effort against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad