GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
So Stanley flattened kaprisov

this smells a lot like the Horseshoes beating out the jets by a point to take their wildcard spot and play the Stars or Kraken and watch whichever of them not show up so the Flames get to the second round
The momentum is sure moving that way

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
this smells a lot like the Horseshoes beating out the jets by a point to take their wildcard spot and play the Stars or Kraken and watch whichever of them not show up so the Flames get to the second round
Gave you your 37,000 like :D.

I'd hope the Stars would be out for the revenge from last year though. Seattle could be the " just happy to be here" team in the playoffs.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

Only for them to face the Oilers so poor Markstrom can once again be cannon fodder to the Oiler fire power. The man can never catch a break.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Gave you your 37,000 like :D.

I'd hope the Stars would be out for the revenge from last year though. Seattle could be the " just happy to be here" team in the playoffs.

I think the Stars might get up for that series. Hard to say how it would go if the inbreds have momentum going in, the Stars have been mediocre lately. I would be shocked if Seattle wins their series vs anyone…luckily I doubt the Flames would face them as I think they’d be WC2 and the central 1st seed feels like they might end up having the most points between the divisions.

Nashville is also 6 points behind the Jets with 4 games in hand. If I'm Winnipeg, I'd be sweating right now.

Out of the three I’d like Nashville to make it as their fans seem cool and for Barrie. Also ABC and no love lost for the Jets so…

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think the Stars might get up for that series. Hard to say how it would go if the inbreds have momentum going in, the Stars have been mediocre lately. I would be shocked if Seattle wins their series vs anyone…luckily I doubt the Flames would face them as I think they’d be WC2 and the central 1st seed feels like they might end up having the most points between the divisions.

Out of the three I’d like Nashville to make it as their fans seem cool and for Barrie. Also ABC and no love lost for the Jets so…
Stars won't be happy about last year when they had almost no one that could score. Totally different team. Pretty sure this stars team wipes the floor with Calgary
I still don't think calgary gets in. Jets are slumping but helly will get it together

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Looking at the respective schedules, Winnipeg, Calgary, and Nashville could reasonably all be sitting on 75-76 points going into the Wpg v Nsh game in about 10 days. The Predators might be questioning their decision to sell off depending on how the next week goes.

The Jets are threatening to bomb out spectacularly. This team was a reasonable pick up finish first in the conference at the 50 game mark, now they've lost 9 of 11, and one of the wins was Campbell-gate.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Looking at the respective schedules, Winnipeg, Calgary, and Nashville could reasonably all be sitting on 75-76 points going into the Wpg v Nsh game in about 10 days. The Predators might be questioning their decision to sell off depending on how the next week goes.

The Jets are threatening to bomb out spectacularly. This team was a reasonable pick up finish first in the conference at the 50 game mark, now they've lost 9 of 11, and one of the wins was Campbell-gate.

I was actually quite surprised to see them doing so well in the first half, so am not shocked they are bombing out right now. A tale of two halves of the season, it would seem

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I was actually quite surprised to see them doing so well in the first half, so am not shocked they are bombing out right now. A tale of two halves of the season, it would seem

I think the idea was that Maurice was holding them back previously. Florida going in the tank in the first half of the year upon his arrival seemed to back that theory up, but now Bowness is under the gun. Fair or not, expectations heightened quickly after a strong first half. He could be a one-and-done if a sold-off Nashville team takes their playoff spot.

Reactions: Ibanez and Oilhawks

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think the idea was that Maurice was holding them back previously. Florida going in the tank in the first half of the year upon his arrival seemed to back that theory up, but now Bowness is under the gun. Fair or not, expectations heightened quickly after a strong first half. He could be a one-and-done if a sold-off Nashville team takes their playoff spot.

I doubt it. They really need to change the makeup of team, especially on d.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Reactions: BlackDogg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

The Nashville situation suddenly got way weird. GM felt they were sellers due to standings and the standings now looking like the Preds have the best chance to make the last WC spot. Just another reason we were fortunate to get the Ekholm deal and for Preds to think they were out.

Its odd that in EC teams like Buffalo, Ottawa all figured they were still in the race and Ottawa bought in. But in West Nashville themselves just tapped out. That can't be big with the players or fans there.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That sucker punch to the back of the head of an unsuspecting player its bertuzzi level BS.
That was the goalie right? Anybody notice that before the actual punch that the Assistant captain attempts to sucker punch, or feigns it just previous to the incident. it seems from the clip that all the worst is by one team, and that one of those was the AC, one was the goalie. They for sure started it.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
That was the goalie right? Anybody notice that before the actual punch that the Assistant captain attempts to sucker punch, or feigns it just previous to the incident. it seems from the clip that all the worst is by one team, and that one of those was the AC, one was the goalie. They for sure started it.

no if you watch the video in the article the one that was particularly egregious to me happened at 0:39.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
no if you watch the video in the article the one that was particularly egregious to me happened at 0:39.
Gotcha. But again all the worst that occurred is by the team in white. The Seera team. Seems pretty clear that the one team absolutely lost their shit, and multiple players on that team. I find it interesting that some of the fans are having inappropriate actions as well which reinforces the point that culture at arenas and in minor hockey can be way off.

In contrast to Putter (EFHL president) I think its actually positive that the video is circulated on social media. I think that this incident needs to be outed. I guess what he intended to say is that its unfortunate for the kids involved this is so public and now part of so much scrutiny but for further examination of troubles in the game this needs to be explored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad