GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I have to agree with Walsh on this one.

Gary has to go, his shelf life is way past expired. The league needs some new direction with new ideas along with the officiating and DoPS needing a complete overhaul.

It'd be awesome if refs also went through a training camp in the pre-season where some can be cut and others "make the squad".

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I find myself cheering for the Flames so they narrowly miss the playoffs and their tank for Bedard fails.

I suspect I may be alone here in this regard.

Nah, then missing by 1 point or something and then missing out on Bedard would have this place rocking.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

jerry-seinfeld-shame.gif

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The Nashville situation suddenly got way weird. GM felt they were sellers due to standings and the standings now looking like the Preds have the best chance to make the last WC spot. Just another reason we were fortunate to get the Ekholm deal and for Preds to think they were out.

Its odd that in EC teams like Buffalo, Ottawa all figured they were still in the race and Ottawa bought in. But in West Nashville themselves just tapped out. That can't be big with the players or fans there.

The only other team I remember tapping out at the deadline and suddenly rallying to make the playoffs was the 09 Ducks. Nashville with a real chance to mimic that.

Part of the problem comes down to the NHL's (typical) bush league scheduling. Nashville went into the deadline with several games in hand on teams in front of them, forcing the GM to project how close they really were to being in a playoff spot. Winnipeg was also seemingly out of reach to the Preds right up until deadline week. Weird development indeed.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I was actually quite surprised to see them doing so well in the first half, so am not shocked they are bombing out right now. A tale of two halves of the season, it would seem

Now more so than ever it seems that the first few months of the season can almost be thrown out in terms of what it actually means for teams. Other than the top 5 or so really good teams and the bottom 5 really bad teams it is becoming increasingly difficult to determine what the quality of the middle teams actually is until about Game 65.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I hate to be 'that guy' , but Kesselring was sent down already after one game with Arizona.
Tin foil-hat here but I wonder if this is just about saving a few pennies. They have 6 defensemen on their active roster and only 21 in total. There is no way that with the cap space they have they should be running with a short roster. Of their defensemen on two-way contracts Kesslering has the highest salary.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Kaprizov is out for up to a month. That's a major blow to Minnesota. He is half their offense. They also have a pretty tough schedule over the next month. This could cost them a playoff spot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Sabres getting skunked again letting in another 7 goals. They aren't going anywhere. I mentioned the other night the key to playing the Sabres is making them defend. They can't.

edit: 9-3 Dallas just piling in the goals. How are these Sabres even in a playoff race. When they lose, they lose bigtime.

Now Dallas with 10 goals. Whats the highest goal total for any team this season?

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Sabres fans around here were sure that Comrie was some blossoming starter when he absolutely robbed the Oilers at the start of the year and now he's giving up 10.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Hopefully Ottawa can pull the win out tonight. Suddenly it seems like the pacific teams just keep winning. Hard to pull ahead.

I was kind of surprised to look at the standings and see the western conference point totals looks similar to the eastern conference aside from Boston and Carolina. Weird after hearing how superior the eastern conference teams are all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad