GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
They're basically what the Oil were for most of the 2010's, especially the HOPE years: Outstanding offensive talent, but completely lost in their own zone, relying on second and third rate vets to be front line PKers and go-to defensive players. Á la having Andrew Ference as your top shutdown defenceman.

Good news for them is they've got a ton of cap space, and most of their core locked up on great contracts. If they can add in some quality defensive pieces and an average starting goalie, they're a team that can make some noise.
Those Oilers teams never had a Dahlin or a Power. Sabres will be just fine.

Reactions: K1984

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa up 1-0 on the Kraken

Honestly I hope he's okay. We don't need injury help to beat the Kings. Bring em on
Ill take whatever advantage we can get as long as we win. At the end of the day, nobody cares just like how TBL f***ed with the cap or how the Canes went through injury riddled teams to win their cup.

Reactions: Cloned and Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Screenshot_20230310-160248.png

Oh boy. Please win Anaheim.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wow did Florida get bad. They have that cowtown smear on them.

Hope they miss the playoffs. Everyone was anointing Zito as the next big GM. Fires his winning coach to replace him with Maurice, sells the draft farm for a 1 playoff run and destroys his team chemistry in the process, gets wiped out in the playoffs by their state rivals, ruins his salary cap with short sighted signings and traded more draft capital and two of his best players for a locker room cancer.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Would be a decent game to bet on the Panthers. At home and Chicago in tank mode despite good goaltending.

Although I would rather Florida miss.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Hope they miss the playoffs. Everyone was anointing Zito as the next big GM. Fires his winning coach to replace him with Maurice, sells the draft farm for a 1 playoff run and destroys his team chemistry in the process, gets wiped out in the playoffs by their state rivals, ruins his salary cap with short sighted signings and traded more draft capital and two of his best players for a locker room cancer.
Somehow every team involved in that trade/signing this summer lost. Calgary, Florida, and Columbus.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Well said.

I remember lots of Oiler fans complaining that they wanted Zito instead of Holland. I'd rather take the latter given everything that's unraveled in Florida.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Flames getting globetrottered by Anaheim. Love to see it.
That's the impression I got too. lol... Watched a Bally Sports feed for a few minutes and the Flames got a power play. They use a black "trailer" behind the puck for "extra excitement" during the power play! WTF! I thought that plan failed years and years ago?

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Setting up new satellite reciever which took 45 minutes!!

What is this 1988?

The flames are outshooting anaheim I see.

I had a feeling Florida would come back. Would have been easy cash

I had a feeling Florida would come back. Would have been easy cash

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
That's the impression I got too. lol... Watched a Bally Sports feed for a few minutes and the Flames got a power play. They use a black "trailer" behind the puck for "extra excitement" during the power play! WTF! I thought that plan failed years and years ago?

Yea I kind of stopped watching after a bogus PP. Tuned back in and I see they're on the PP again and score on a fluke deflection.

The ducks return a similar goal in kind hahah

Eakins looks like he’s aged about 30 years

Still searching for that elusive zero hit game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad