GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I've been told how awful the Pacific is yet they keep winning games. The Oilers might very well be locking in to the wild card, assuming that Nashville doesn't take advantage of those games in hand.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I've been told how awful the Pacific is yet they keep winning games. The Oilers might very well be locking in to the wild card, assuming that Nashville doesn't take advantage of those games in hand.
Nashville sold key assets. Never say never but I don’t expect them to finish strong

Reactions: Oilhawks

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I'm really worried about our playoff standings. They need to go on a winning streak right now or they might have to play Dallas round one.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Not even worried one bit.

Edmonton has been real meh since the all star break while the 3 teams in front of us have been on heaters and they still can’t shake us. They won’t keep it up forever meanwhile McDrai and co. will go on their usual end of season heater and we’ll sail into the top 3 in the division.

We are also smoking all those bums on tie breaking RW.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Best team of the McDavid era sunk by shit goaltending.

I still have faith. Skinner has been more good than bad and Ekholm - Bouchard have taken over as a good top pairing since Ekholm’s arrival. Hopefully Nurse - Ceci will have better games as more sheltered second pairing.

But I think they will be lucky to finish in a divisional playoff spot at this point. Maybe if they win out the games vs the current divisional holders

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Kraken legit great team...we ain't catching them folks

They're a good team for a(nother) band of castoffs. No wonder Gary wants two more new franchises instead of relocates.

Jesus f***ing Christ. I hope the Avs don’t make the playoffs. Oilers need to win some goddam games.
You know, Nashville could actually pass the Avs for the last WC spot, despite the Avs having a week's worth of games in hand. That just means they have more back to backs coming up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They're a good team for a(nother) band of castoffs. No wonder Gary wants two more new franchises instead of relocates.

You know, Nashville could actually pass the Avs for the last WC spot, despite the Avs having a week's worth of games in hand. That just means they have more back to backs coming up.
Seattle has been up and down streaky throughout the season. Hard to peg club. But the thing that almost always happens down the stretch is teams that need the pts heat up to the finish line. Its why that generally placings tend to stand once they are established. The schedule almost always involves a lot of games between teams fighting for a spot vs teams that don't need the two pts. So that its real hard to make ground on clubs ahead of you. All you control is the games you have left against those clubs.

This latest several pt bump from Edmonton to LA, or Seattle was caused by the Oilers not fighting for every result and letting games slip against teams that just aren't much.

Seattle likely goes on another losing streak before playoffs but you never know. But the Oilers should not have allowed this situation where they are in only WC territory. Losses to clubs like Columbus define why the Oilers are where they are in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad