GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Yeah that guy had some posters saying that Nurse is at least doing what is expected.

There is a particularly obsessed poster (seems that every post has to have something to do with the Oilers) that was saying they “deserve” Bedard for the Oilers being “gifted” 4 first overalls or something. Big Yikes.

Another poster trying to joke that the reason Moneypuck still has them at 46% to make the playoffs is because that’s the chances they overcome the 10 point gap between them and the Oilers. Cringe. I guess if they win out the season and the Oilers start Campbell for the rest? Lol
Tank and get a top 3 player and rebuild over I read.

I think our teams our destined to meet again in the playoffs. Looking forward to another fun series between the Kings and Oilers.
Can we borrow a goaltender?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
As rough as the Leafs have looked lately, Tampa had 4 SOG halfway through the game. Might not be as an exciting matchup as expected

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
They’ve looked terrible lately. Even elite teams can crap their pants

I remember them sleepwalking into the playoffs last season too, and we remember how the rest of their postseason went, so who knows?

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I remember them sleepwalking into the playoffs last season too, and we remember how the rest of their postseason went, so who knows?
Oh yeah they are still good. I’m not concerned about them. More just a reminder to myself that even the good teams ca be bad. Even the oilers :)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Sounds like everyone's depth will be further compromised as the NHL is looking at another round of expansion.

Makes it even more important to push for the cup over the next 2 or 3 years.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Sounds like everyone's depth will be further compromised as the NHL is looking at another round of expansion.

Makes it even more important to push for the cup over the next 2 or 3 years.

34 is too many, jfc. Just relocate the shitters like Arizona

Bolts getting shit-stomped by the Canes, Brind’amor loads up their PP on a 5 on 3 instead of letting them off the hook.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
34 is too many, jfc. Just relocate the shitters like Arizona
Supposedly both relocation and expansion is on the table.

A group based out of the Atlanta suburb of Alpharetta is pretty convinced they're getting a new arena and team. We'll see what happens I guess.

I'm fine with it personally, as long as they don't expand more teams into the playoffs. Regular season becomes meaningless when too many teams make the playoffs

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Supposedly both relocation and expansion is on the table.

A group based out of the Atlanta suburb of Alpharetta is pretty convinced they're getting a new arena and team. We'll see what happens I guess.

I'm fine with it personally, as long as they don't expand more teams into the playoffs. Regular season becomes meaningless when too many teams make the playoffs
Expansion fees are extra money in the bank for the owners, so will for sure go that way. If the Yotes haven't moved by now, they never will.

Reactions: Tarus

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Expansion fees are extra money in the bank for the owners, so will for sure go that way. If the Yotes haven't moved by now, they never will.
Yeah, that's probably the preferable route for the NHL. I doubt they want a league with odd number of teams either.

Whoever is leaking for the Atlanta group specifically mentioned that the change to the expansion format gives new teams better ability to compete from the get-go

Reactions: bellagiobob

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I can't envision a reality where the NHL has more franchises than the other three sports.

That said, if you want to move Arizona to Altanta or Houston I'd be willing to listen to that conversation.

Reactions: Sanchez

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Which one
1678057702286.png

Comment was about Murray Edwards going the way of Eugene Melnyk.

I think its already gone. But the waybackmachine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad