GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Lol that’s next level. Like some super flame fan living in his moms basement asking for a picture of my license. Bizarre.

Yeah it’s pretty pathetic. I think there are a few actual Oilers fans on there but not many and the expectation is they will be constantly harassed and nothing they say will be given an ounce of decency or respect. Which is probably why trolling is commonplace and part of why they make it ridiculous to register for.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
"Your real name" - just fill in Johnny Gaudreau to see if anyone reads them
Proof of identity.

1678059098819.jpeg

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
ShitHabs get hemmed in almost the entire final 5 minutes and get scored on again with less than 20 seconds left. Glad their fans enjoyed that Cinderella Covid run as they aren’t going to be good for a long time again. Useless :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Atlanta again....wasn't the first failed experiment enough?

I mean two failed experiences?

Lets go for the hattrick and call them the Atlanta Flashers.

Gary is a stubborn goat
From what I recall, the Thrashers weren't moved for any good reason. The owners just didn't give a damn about their hockey team because they owned another franchise that they actually cared about. They didn't want their new building to accomodate the Thrashers and there was no time to figure out a local solution. The NHL didn't want a franchise in Winnipeg but had no choice.

That's just the narrative that was on these boards. It seemed to have quite a lot of info backing it up as well. Atlanta was good hockey market

Vegas is gone. Game in hand and six points up..

Oilers choked hard when they could have took the division
Vegas choked hard plenty this season too. They are a great team and we were a fundamentally flawed team before the Ekholm trade, and of course with Kane MIA

Reactions: Oilhawks

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
From what I recall, the Thrashers weren't moved for any good reason. The owners just didn't give a damn about their hockey team because they owned another franchise that they actually cared about. They didn't want their new building to accomodate the Thrashers and there was no time to figure out a local solution. The NHL didn't want a franchise in Winnipeg but had no choice.

That's just the narrative that was on these boards. It seemed to have quite a lot of info backing it up as well. Atlanta was good hockey market

Vegas choked hard plenty this season too. They are a great team and we were a fundamentally flawed team before the Ekholm trade, and of course with Kane MIA
Vegas has/had key injuries. Goalies down, stone down.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Vegas has/had key injuries. Goalies down, stone down.
They had Thompson who played well. They did have injuries sparking their slumps this year but all points they were just a more balanced roster compared to ours just because of their great defense on paper

I missed it, is Jonathan Slow the main culprit or arrogance from the VGK?
I'm not watching the game just checking the scoreboard. But judging by comments here the team in front got sleepy. But yeah it's striking to see Quick rocking the 0.880

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
They should have sold and gone for bedard.
It was soooo obvious that they should have flipped Hubby and Weeger for picks/prospects and rebuild....it was the perfect timing. It was also obvious that last year was an outlier on a stacked team for Kadri....But now they have an old and broken core for yhe forseeable future....you love to see it.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
It was soooo obvious that they should have flipped Hubby and Weeger for picks/prospects and rebuild....it was the perfect timing. It was also obvious that last year was an outlier on a stacked team for Kadri....But now they have an old and broken core for yhe forseeable future....you love to see it.
Realistically they should have done a serious retool after Iginla. They had a good team for 6-7 years. Hard to keep that going

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Plus this was one of the best drafts in a long time, even past Bedard. And they could have got Bedard

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
That’s why we’re in a wild card spot and a team such as Vegas is at the top of the division. We pissed away too many points against bottom teams
I posted it last week or so but the Oilers were 10-4-5 against the bottom eight. Boston was 13-1 at that time, their only loss coming to the Yotes of all teams. Even if the Oilers got 9 out of the 13 points they made into paper airplanes, they'd be leading the division. It's going to bite them in the ass in some form...whether that's just sneaking in or finishing up as a wild card or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad