Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Strange how alot of the top teams struggled in their first games. A few of the good teams won but it wasnt easy like Boston and Toronto eeking out wins. LA and Oilers losing to inferior teams wasnt something the pundits saw coming.

robert-de-niro-you.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ottawa traded that goalie and he was the same age as their core. I defended Dorion in the past but will not do it for this one. His worst trade as a GM (I'm including Duchene).

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched a lot of that CBJ game. Laine actually looked great as centre, he's able to have the puck more and slow the game down to his level (which was much needed).

Provorov though, holy smokes that was a Tyler Myers-level bad performance. No wonder the Flyers traded him, an absolute train wreck defensively.

I am not sure I like this CBJ coach though, no Fantilli on the top PP unit, no Fantilli in the final minute when his club was down a goal, scratched Kent Johnson, played Jenner 21 minutes, and below-average powerplay formation. Your team finishes bottom of the league, you can't afford to play someone as good as Fantilli only 13 minutes a game.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Blues/Stars has been a great game.

Rags to Sabres to the cleaners, experience versus a very green team that made a lot of mistakes. Cozens is a player though.
Buffalo has the ingredients but no chef.
Power is going to be Ekblad 2.0 IMHO, he looks so meh out there. Serviceable NHL defenseman for sure, but won't be going 1st overall in redraft lists akin to Erik Johnson.

One day I'll learn that I should never have faith in Ottawa, Buffalo or CBJ..
Ottawa losing to Carolina is not shambolic by any means, they carried play for most of the game before the Canes finally woke up. The Gustavsson trade is bad, but it won't be the last one where a team gives up on their goaler way too early (I think it happens to every team once in their franchise). The king of that is still the Rask for Raycroft and I don't think that will ever be topped.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Buffalo has the ingredients but no chef.
no goalie

Blues/Stars has been a great game.

Rags to Sabres to the cleaners, experience versus a very green team that made a lot of mistakes. Cozens is a player though.

Power is going to be Ekblad 2.0 IMHO, he looks so meh out there. Serviceable NHL defenseman for sure, but won't be going 1st overall in redraft lists akin to Erik Johnson.

Ottawa losing to Carolina is not shambolic by any means, they carried play for most of the game before the Canes finally woke up. The Gustavsson trade is bad, but it won't be the last one where a team gives up on their goaler way too early (I think it happens to every team once in their franchise). The king of that is still the Rask for Raycroft and I don't think that will ever be topped.
yeah I agree Power isn't anything special and that contract is terrible

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
One day I'll learn that I should never have faith in Ottawa, Buffalo or CBJ..
Ottawa in particular. Norris will always be injured. That’s just the way it is.

I watched a lot of that CBJ game. Laine actually looked great as centre, he's able to have the puck more and slow the game down to his level (which was much needed).

Provorov though, holy smokes that was a Tyler Myers-level bad performance. No wonder the Flyers traded him, an absolute train wreck defensively.

I am not sure I like this CBJ coach though, no Fantilli on the top PP unit, no Fantilli in the final minute when his club was down a goal, scratched Kent Johnson, played Jenner 21 minutes, and below-average powerplay formation. Your team finishes bottom of the league, you can't afford to play someone as good as Fantilli only 13 minutes a game.
I would be shocked if Laine at 1C lasted very long.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
General question....

Does anyone know of a nightly recap show? One that goes over highlights from all of the day's games. I don't have the time to watch much more than the Avs games anymore and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. Even if it's not a nightly show, if any of y'all have suggestions I'm all ears.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm looking at the Wings roster on Capfriendly and it's hard to believe how much of a shit job Yzerman has done over there. He's been there for many years now, that is his team, and it's the most uninspiring roster in the NHL IMO.

Reactions: BaconNater
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad