Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
General question....

Does anyone know of a nightly recap show? One that goes over highlights from all of the day's games. I don't have the time to watch much more than the Avs games anymore and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. Even if it's not a nightly show, if any of y'all have suggestions I'm all ears.
NHLN, On The Fly has one. Airs repeatedly all night and into the morning

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
General question....

Does anyone know of a nightly recap show? One that goes over highlights from all of the day's games. I don't have the time to watch much more than the Avs games anymore and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. Even if it's not a nightly show, if any of y'all have suggestions I'm all ears.

You can watch 8-10 minute condensed games on the NHL app on streaming devices and phones. They have other content too. Or 5 minute recaps on the scores page of NHL.com.

I'm glad you asked this, because I had thought they got rid of the app this year since it said "this app is no longer available" when I opened it, but it just needed to be updated.

Wish the NHL Network would get an app too. Or make it part of the ESPN+ package.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just saw EJ went down to block a shot on the PK in the final seconds of the game down 5-1. As expected, he's going to be a real good leader for that young team.

Bet the coach pointed to him and that play after the game too.

Almost scored as well with a nice shot off the rush ringing it off the post.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Levi was bad, huh? Naaawwwww?

Yeah, he was bad, but the Sabres as a whole just don't look very structured at all. The organization owes a huge debt of gratitude to Granato for allowing key players to develop, most notably Tage Thompson and Rasmus Dahlin, but when it comes to Xs and Os it really feels like he's just not equipped for the NHL. By his own admission the team knew exactly what scheme the Rangers would be facing off against, they've struggled against it in the past and yet still made the same mistakes last night.

Don Granato was exactly the right guy at the right time for Buffalo, especially after Ralph Krueger's disastrous (and thankfully short) stint. But he always struck me as an interim guy. The next guy will inherit an insanely talented team that has all the pieces to be a legit force (well...remains to be seen about the netminding).

But yeah, if Levi sucks, the Sabres are in trouble already. There was a lot riding on him this year. I don't think anyone else they have is good enough to even fill in as a 1B-type.

Lastly...c'mon Buffalo, we know "veteran presence" is needed but y'all needed to move on from Kyle Okposo. The core is locked up, pin the C on one of them and get your contention window started in earnest. I'd say the same thing about Jost too but...whatever.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah, he was bad, but the Sabres as a whole just don't look very structured at all. The organization owes a huge debt of gratitude to Granato for allowing key players to develop, most notably Tage Thompson and Rasmus Dahlin, but when it comes to Xs and Os it really feels like he's just not equipped for the NHL. By his own admission the team knew exactly what scheme the Rangers would be facing off against, they've struggled against it in the past and yet still made the same mistakes last night.

Don Granato was exactly the right guy at the right time for Buffalo, especially after Ralph Krueger's disastrous (and thankfully short) stint. But he always struck me as an interim guy. The next guy will inherit an insanely talented team that has all the pieces to be a legit force (well...remains to be seen about the netminding).

But yeah, if Levi sucks, the Sabres are in trouble already. There was a lot riding on him this year. I don't think anyone else they have is good enough to even fill in as a 1B-type.

Lastly...c'mon Buffalo, we know "veteran presence" is needed but y'all needed to move on from Kyle Okposo. The core is locked up, pin the C on one of them and get your contention window started in earnest. I'd say the same thing about Jost too but...whatever.
Should have hired Guy Boucher before the Leafs scooped him up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Buffalo has started strong for years only to fade... they are just trying a new approach this year!

I know it is hot take season... but at least let 4-5-6 games happen! :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Buffalo has started strong for years only to fade... they are just trying a new approach this year!

I know it is hot take season... but at least let 4-5-6 games happen! :laugh:

Still...opening game, Rick Jeanneret Night, AND they're playing their in-state division rivals at home...and they come out like THAT?

Only one game but if I were a Pointy Sharp Things fan I'd still be hella pissed.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Coyotes look like they’ll be fun.
Cooley looks like he has potential to be the best player that franchise has ever had

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tough coaching debut for Cranberry and the Caps. Also Kuemper didn’t start for Wash. is he injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad