Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't go nuts making proclamations off the first game for any team... Avs, Knights, Kings, Stars etc. You might see signs of issues, but you need time to evaluation. As people talk about losing the first game or that team having an injury or dominant performance... important to remember the Avs started their Cup year 1-3 and were 4-5-1 after 10 with some rather brutal losses.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I wouldn't go nuts making proclamations off the first game for any team... Avs, Knights, Kings, Stars etc. You might see signs of issues, but you need time to evaluation. As people talk about losing the first game or that team having an injury or dominant performance... important to remember the Avs started their Cup year 1-3 and were 4-5-1 after 10 with some rather brutal losses.
Bednar had lost the room, to be fair.

Reactions: Ceremony

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Smart. There's no excuse for bad contracts. No history, emotion, loyalty...teams need to learn to let go old players that demand big money.

Reactions: thedoctor

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011

Yeah you can't take anything away from game 1. You didn't need to see game 1 to know that older players will be relied on early for those teams tho. For me that's always what it was. Pointing out the Avs flaws while pumping up other teams. You have to be an absolute homer not to see the risks with the Avs this season but they exist with most teams. In a year like this one I'd argue they exist with every contender.

What's funny is I actually think the older players on Dallas hold up this season. IMO they'll be our biggest competition outside of Vegas. There clearly going to a large role even tho they aren't the centerpieces anymore. Our "younger" core isn't good enough to carry us so why wouldn't the Dallas core need depth/support?

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah you can't take anything away from game 1. You didn't need to see game 1 to know that older players will be relied on early for those teams tho. For me that's always what it was. Pointing out the Avs flaws while pumping up other teams. You have to be an absolute homer not to see the risks with the Avs this season but they exist with most teams. In a year like this one I'd argue they exist with every contender.

What's funny is I actually think the older players on Dallas hold up this season. IMO they'll be our biggest competition outside of Vegas. There clearly going to a large role even tho they aren't the centerpieces anymore. Our "younger" core isn't good enough to carry us so why wouldn't the Dallas core need depth/support?
People have recognized the risk in the discussions. Some just take snippets and distort the other side to make it sound unreasonable. Each teams have pros and cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad