Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Only 41 to go
He’s prone to droughts and injuries… but he’d be one of the least surprising breakouts to that level. Had the shot, goes to dirty areas, will play with a center who could put up 100 points (either Miller or Petey).

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Things you love to see from the "Cup Favourites"

Screenshot 2023-10-11 232350.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bedard is so easy to route for compared to others like Crosby, McDavid, and Matthews who are just turnoffs to me.

Also, EP40 was lit tonight, that pass on Garland's first goal was Sedin-esque. He's on a mission...a mission to max out his contract and get the h out of Vancouver lol.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Okay. Goalies really are just worse nowadays.
I mentioned this on the main board but a lot of 14 YOs drew it up because of powerplays or witchcraft. I don't argue against the PP theory, but just look at the generation of goalers in 2013 compared to now. It is crazy the set of goalers that were in their prime around that year; Miller, Rask, Lundqvist, Bishop, Quick, Luongo, Rinne, and Crawford. Nowadays there are still top calibre, but very few and far between with Igor, Sorokin, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy, Saros, and Oettinger. Who's after that? Binnington (lol)? Georgiev? Ullmark? Bobrovsky? People had Frederik Andersen as a top 15 goaler for fantasy last year...

Reactions: sethro109

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think goaltending has gone downhill some, but more of it is that talent has just jumped massive and players can pinpoint the exact spots to sneak pucks through… and systems are designed to hit in the common rebounds. The pendulum will swing back to defense at somepoint, but we probably have a good 5-7 years of high scoring hockey.
Not if more expansion is coming which will decrease the teams' ability to hog players. That should decrease defence as expansion favours offence more and gives other players who just need a chance in the numbers game like McCann. I suggest there are at least 4-5 more "McCann's" lurking in the league that are currently behind more talented and noticeable players higher on the depth chart.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
When he's static, I would agree... while moving, he's a really poor passer IMO.
While you, me, and Jeff Marek appear very fascinated by the Laine-at-Center experiment, I very much doubt it’s going to work. In order for that to succeed, Laine would need a Landeskog-type winger to do all the work that he simply isn’t interested in doing. Not just Landeskog, more like Landeskog combined with Bergeron. And Lumbus doesn’t have that player. No one does.

I think Laine is one of those guys who’s just gonna drift from team to team, occasionally putting up highlight-reel scores, but essentially he’s Alexei Kovalev (whom I think was also tried at center once).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad