Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Don't look. Newhook is an elite player.
Dach somehow became a very good center last year and made Newhook and Slafkovsky look like legit top 6 players. He'll be 1C on that team before the end of this season. Hawks are lucky they got Bedard otherwise they'd have regretted that trade big time IMO.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Nothing makes me happier than sad Oilers fans

1697120882638.png

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Nothing makes me happier than sad Oilers fans

View attachment 751774
It went the opposite eh :D

Dach somehow became a very good center last year and made Newhook and Slafkovsky look like legit top 6 players. He'll be 1C on that team before the end of this season. Hawks are lucky they got Bedard otherwise they'd have regretted that trade big time IMO.
It was pretty shocking how quickly they gave up on Dach.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

I'm following the Habs just for these guys. Maybe it's the John Cena influence to thank for that I'm on the team Never Give Up and Rise Above Hate. Or maybe it's just fun to root for the underdogs. Anyway nice start for Newhook, maybe he's found his place in front of the goal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Chicago was playing the long con and they didn't believe in Dach as a 1C, franchise guy. If they have Dach last season, odds are they aren't as bad and the tank is impacted. Adding to that, he struggled pretty massively at center there and retaining high value on him for a guy they don't see as core was their move. I personally still don't see #1C out of him and people are jumping the gun, but he's certainly looked a lot better than he was in Chicago.

Reactions: Azrael89

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Speaking of the Kings...

Only one game but, this is the team I keep hearing the hype about? This is the team Blake is essentially staking his claim with? And that goalie!?!?!?

Blake's rebuild would've worked perfectly IF Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick were somehow kept in a time warp and never aged from 2012. As it stands, it's a *good* team that should make the playoffs, lots of talent, plenty of depth, but no gamebreakers near as I can see.

And while Talbot wasn't horrible, the Rantanen goal caught him so badly out of position Biz took a couple minutes to rip him on the TNT broadcast. That's the guy you decided to go with!?

Blake gave McLellan a one-year extension, so that means both he and Blake himself have contracts until 2025. That means LA is essentially saying it's this year or next or there's gonna be a changing of the guard (likely to Bergevin :slaugh: ). I mean...really?

It ain't all bad, I thought Dubois actually looked good, even though he got knocked around a few times by the Avs. He also bowled over his fair share of guys. I'm pretty sure both he and Kopitar dominated in the faceoff dot as well (except the shift that ended with the ENG, thank you Colton).

It's a good team, but that ain't a contender.

Hintz is a bigger band-aid than Makar.

They still have Suter on their top pairing.

Looking forward to DeBoer eventually throwing Oettinger under the bus and whining about the officiating.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Blake gave McLellan a one-year extension, so that means both he and Blake himself have contracts until 2025. That means LA is essentially saying it's this year or next or there's gonna be a changing of the guard (likely to Bergevin :slaugh: ). I mean...really?
Friedman and Marek were saying recently that Blake won't stay for long. That job is too demanding and he likes to enjoy life.

Bergevin is to Blake what CMac was to Sakic..."I keep you around because I'm leaving soon".

Probably a year or two left for Blake as a GM then will he will move upstair.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Speaking of the Kings...

Only one game but, this is the team I keep hearing the hype about? This is the team Blake is essentially staking his claim with? And that goalie!?!?!?

Blake's rebuild would've worked perfectly IF Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick were somehow kept in a time warp and never aged from 2012. As it stands, it's a *good* team that should make the playoffs, lots of talent, plenty of depth, but no gamebreakers near as I can see.

And while Talbot wasn't horrible, the Rantanen goal caught him so badly out of position Biz took a couple minutes to rip him on the TNT broadcast. That's the guy you decided to go with!?

It ain't all bad, I thought Dubois actually looked good, even though he got knocked around a few times by the Avs. He also bowled over his fair share of guys. I'm pretty sure both he and Kopitar dominated in the faceoff dot as well (except the shift that ended with the ENG, thank you Colton).

It's a good team, but that ain't a contender.

Looking forward to DeBoer eventually throwing Oettinger under the bus and whining about the officiating.
I felt the hype for LA's Center depth got a little carried away. Dubois is a good 2C and Danault is a great 3C, but they don't have an actual 1C. 110 year-old Kopitar isn't gonna cut it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Friedman and Marek were saying recently that Blake won't stay for long. That job is too demanding and he likes to enjoy life.

Bergevin is to Blake what CMac was to Sakic..."I keep you around because I'm leaving soon".

Probably a year or two left for Blake as a GM then will he will move upstair.

Yeah I heard the same thing on 32 Thoughts. I felt like that was more their own speculation than any real hard evidence they may have gleaned.

But maaaaan I'll be delighted if they hand the keys to Bergevin, may as well also hand him some gasoline and a lighter because it'll have the same effect.

I tell ya what though, no one would be happier about Bergevin being the GM in L.A. than Bergevin. He'll get to parade around in shades wearing the best designer suits money can buy in the glitziest city in North America. He'll be in heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: Balthazar

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
So the teams everyone is worried about in the west are:

- seguin top C
- lost 8-1 to a team that missed playoffs
- we whooped

They’re good teams. It’s just one game.

That being said it is funny how some overlooked certain issues with them while constantly talking about the Avs problems. Pretty sure Kopitar led the Kings forwards in TOI last night. Dallas apparently has no need for there older players and it’s all just the young core.

Could you imagine if we had all 30+ year old players in those kinds of roles that Dallas is starting the season with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad