Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Jake Allen is brutal lol . Those are some Hunter Miska goals against.
Both of these goalies, Allen and Samsonov have made some of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen. Both of them wanna poke the puck waaaaay too much.

Have you lived the 80s?
I was only 2 in the 80s. Most of my goalie memories are from Roy, Hasek and Brodeur era. So my opinion is probably a little skewed. But players are supposed to evolve from the previous generation. Not go back in time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think goaltending has gone downhill some, but more of it is that talent has just jumped massive and players can pinpoint the exact spots to sneak pucks through… and systems are designed to hit in the common rebounds. The pendulum will swing back to defense at somepoint, but we probably have a good 5-7 years of high scoring hockey.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I think goaltending has gone downhill some, but more of it is that talent has just jumped massive and players can pinpoint the exact spots to sneak pucks through… and systems are designed to hit in the common rebounds. The pendulum will swing back to defense at somepoint, but we probably have a good 5-7 years of high scoring hockey.
The failure to produce an elite Canadian goaltender since Price (18 years since he was drafted) hasn’t helped

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Both of these goalies, Allen and Samsonov have made some of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen. Both of them wanna poke the puck waaaaay too much.

I was only 2 in the 80s. Most of my goalie memories are from Roy, Hasek and Brodeur era. So my opinion is probably a little skewed. But players are supposed to evolve from the previous generation. Not go back in time.
Youtube is your friend.

Reactions: sethro109

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The failure to produce an elite Canadian goaltender since Price (18 years since he was drafted) hasn’t helped
Remember when Carter Hart was going to be that guy. Who the hell going to be the guy for Canada at the next olympics? Binnington?

Oilers PP looked bad there and nucks gain energy from it as Garland scores off a sick sauce from Pettey

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Remember when Carter Hart was going to be that guy. Who the hell going to be the guy for Canada at the next olympics? Binnington?
I might die a little inside if we get to the point where Stuart Skinner is on a Canadian World Cup or Olympic team. Oilers fans will never shut up. That’s how rough it’s getting that he might legitimately end up in the 3 picks in a couple years

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad