Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
The league's approach to LGBTQ+ issues:

giphy.gif

It's one thing to not endorse or enforce Pride Nights, but to BAN rainbow tape making it against the rules for someone to support the causes in that way? Absolute idiocy.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Seems like the NHLs plan to ban pride colored stick tape as a way of trying to deflect from the situation and change the conversation is having the opposite effect. All I see on twitter is more and more talk of players planning to defy the league and use pride tape anyways, challenge the fine and/or pay the fine.

Serves the league right for such a moronic approach to what was happening.

They can only fine $5K for destroying another players knee on purpose. How bad can the fine be?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They were slam dunk picks at the time. Like I said, Kakko showed skill and performance unmatched by ANY Finnish prospect before him, bar Barkov. I watched Rantanen and Kakko both live, and Kakko was the better one.

It could be argued that Rangers should've picked Stuezle instead of Lafreniere because they lacked centers. But you know how it is, pick the best player available and Laf was the consensus #1. By picking a position you end up with Kotkaniemi or Juolevi.
I get that and don’t doubt your observations for an instant but what’s also true is that skill is not always transferrable from level to level. I’ve read there has never been before or since a better high school hockey player in New England than Robbie Ftorek. Obviously he didn’t make it to the NHL level as a player (I wish he had been more successful as a coach though, I loved his systems and philosophy). Many of the greatest ever NCAA football players didn’t do shit in the NFL, while a completely unheralded QB in Tom Brady by happenstance replaced an injured Drew Bledsoe and became legendary.

You may yet be proven right but I just don’t see it now or ever. Both Laf and KK will merely be okay-to-good players. KK has already proven he can very good defensively. But neither IMO will ever be great at the NHL level.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Did anyone watch the Pens and Caps last night? My father was telling me that they had Weekes on and he was talking about Patrick Kane and possible definitions. Apparently he has the Avs as a target?

Is there anywhere I could watch that segment?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Did anyone watch the Pens and Caps last night? My father was telling me that they had Weekes on and he was talking about Patrick Kane and possible definitions. Apparently he has the Avs as a target?

Is there anywhere I could watch that segment?
What room? Its not like its a trade.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
3 disallowed goals in the 1st period of CBJ-NYR

Two NYR offside goals, 1 CBJ goal that was saved on the line.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
The league's approach to LGBTQ+ issues:

giphy.gif

It's one thing to not endorse or enforce Pride Nights, but to BAN rainbow tape making it against the rules for someone to support the causes in that way? Absolute idiocy.

Sir I’m going to have to ask you to hand over your cell phone and give to Mr. Babcock

Reactions: PR33StPatrick

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
To me Bedard reminds me of another Hawk, Patrick Kane. He basically a center version of Patrick Kane. Not sure how his defensive game is going to round out being very small and not an amazingly fast skater, but with the puck is he magic.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
nah I just don't see him as nothing more than an AHL goalie. I have no hate for him, just never believed in the hype.
Okay… he’s 21, by most paths he’d be in the AHL the next two seasons. Some adjustment should be expected, even if he succeeds.

(And you clearly have hate, you can’t go a game without ripping him)

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad