Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers how bad Kadri was in the 2020-21 season. He was SO bad, taking awful decisions all over the ice and he wouldn't break out of it. The playoff suspension was the icing on the cake.

Oh yeah for sure. I was ready to give up him after that playoffs suspension, although I think NHL was way too harsh on it. It was ridiculous.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers how bad Kadri was in the 2020-21 season. He was SO bad, taking awful decisions all over the ice and he wouldn't break out of it. The playoff suspension was the icing on the cake.
There were people clamouring to trade for Eichel (with his status still in doubt) to push Naz down to the 3rd line because he wasn’t 2C caliber on a Cup team. Admittedly when we weren’t playing well to start 21-22, I was ready to ship him back to Toronto, I was so done with him after the suspension

Unless/until RyJo proves otherwise, Avs still need a good 2C but Naz left at the right time for his legacy. He’ll be forever loved for that 21-22 season and Cup run and left on the highest of highs instead of sticking around long enough for everyone to be annoyed at how it was only ever the one great year

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
There were people clamouring to trade for Eichel (with his status still in doubt) to push Naz down to the 3rd line because he wasn’t 2C caliber on a Cup team. Admittedly when we weren’t playing well to start 21-22, I was ready to ship him back to Toronto, I was so done with him after the suspension

Unless/until RyJo proves otherwise, Avs still need a good 2C but Naz left at the right time for his legacy. He’ll be forever loved for that 21-22 season and Cup run and left on the highway of highs instead of sticking around long enough for everyone to be annoyed at how it was only ever the one great year

I think there were some rumours we were interested in Eichel I think, but cap wise it always sounded a bit impossible. I doubt Buffalo was ready to eat salary, only scenario it could have worked.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Calgary coming into third period with 1-0 lead, now down 4-1.. holy ****. That's depressing.

Our ex players have started very well this season.
Even Erik Johnson. Hes actually getting shots on net.

He’s looked pretty solid tonight. Could be Tampa being shitty tho
Tampa being shitty after I pick up Nick Paul makes sense.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Can’t believe this needs to be said… goalies are different than skaters. :laugh:

Also, define rip… I’ve said he’s going to be a 2nd line winger, but didn’t have a skill set for center. A 2nd line winger is still a hell of a player…
So goalies can improve at 21 but skaters can't?

Maybe rip was a bit harsh, but you repeatedly said ad naseum that he can't be a 2C and he lacks XYZ etc. Maybe he thinks Levi also lacks XYZ, would that be so crazy?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Maybe rip was a bit harsh, but you repeatedly said ad naseum that he can't be a 2C and he lacks XYZ etc. Maybe he thinks Levi also lacks XYZ, would that be so crazy?
At 21 both should improve. Typically goalies much more so.

Yeah because Newhook simply doesn’t have a 2C skill set. If you’re small and not an elite skater, you have a very, very small needle to thread… which requires a high end IQ. These are attributes that Newhook lacked. That doesn’t mean Newhook is a bad or terrible player. I said he’s a future 2nd liner since before he was drafted… just not at center. That’s not ripping, that’s being realistic with who he is as a player… and is the basics of scouting.

And Levi does lack somethings that typically goalies need to be successful… but he’s also shown at all levels he can overcome them and is a high end athlete. I think it is okay to think Levi sucks… that’s each person’s right. In this case @Alienblood just breaks it down as overhyped without breaking down why. Jumps on each bad game… without recognizing his good. 5/7 starts last season were quality starts (3 were elite). Had a bad start in the first game… and this game a bad period. Been great since. It is just clear he doesn’t like him as a player more than what he is.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The league's approach to LGBTQ+ issues:

giphy.gif

It's one thing to not endorse or enforce Pride Nights, but to BAN rainbow tape making it against the rules for someone to support the causes in that way? Absolute idiocy.
All I could think of when I heard it was banned was how popular the first player to pull a Jim McMahon on Gary Bettman is going to be.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad