Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Oilers vs vancouver been a great game. Defense and goaltending optional. Nucks have going punch for punch with the Oilers. If they can stay healthy the Nucks might be able to slip in.
I'm not convinced that any of these Canuck players are real

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014-215628_Fennec.png
    Screenshot_20231014-215628_Fennec.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You mean Jared McCann won’t score 40g again with a totally sustainable 19% SPCT?
Yup, it's coming to fruition. Ron Francis built that club very strangely, he overpriced everything in the expansion draft getting no secondary assets because he valued cap space. Then spent that cap space he incurred, but then had to get rid of all their scoring depth because that team has no cap space or is being very frugal with it. They should be a playoff team in that division because it is extremely top-heavy, but they should revert back to being a 1st round exit until they get better (which is probably through the draft with them).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So we still think all of Oilers problems are just because of defence and goaltending? There's something wrong with that organisation from everyone involved.

Tage Thompson sucks. Cant believe I used my 3rd pick on this f***in guy
He's looked so lazy, Levi is fighting the play instead of reading it, and Power doesn't have the puck skills. He looks like an upgraded version of Duncan Siemens, but with all the same problems.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So we still think all of Oilers problems are just because of defence and goaltending? There's something wrong with that organisation from everyone involved.

He's looked so lazy, Levi is fighting the play instead of reading it, and Power doesn't have the puck skills. He looks like an upgraded version of Duncan Siemens, but with all the same problems.
Tage was like this to start last season aswell. It wasnt until before Halloween that he took off....after I dropped his ass for Gabe Vilardi. Im holding him this season but hes pissing me off the same as last season start lol.

The Oilers cant seem to score 5v5. Its a major problem for them for whatever reason. Part of the problem imo is they have next to nobody on the blueline thats a threat to score ever. Bouchard has a cannon but it means nothing when he misses the net all the time. He might aswell be Eric Gelinas. You might be right that theres something rotten to the core with the Oilers org because we on Connors 8th season and thus far the highlight for his team success is getting swept by Francouz.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The Oilers cant seem to score 5v5. Its a major problem for them for whatever reason. Part of the problem imo is they have next to nobody on the blueline thats a threat to score ever. Bouchard has a cannon but it means nothing when he misses the net all the time. He might aswell be Eric Gelinas. You might be right that theres something rotten to the core with the Oilers org because we on Connors 8th season and thus far the highlight for his team success is getting swept by Francouz.
The problem is that their powerplay is making them better than they actually are. They aren't figuring out or solving the real issues of that club. You are right, their 5v5 is disastrous and maybe we want them to keep not knowing what's wrong because they will always be a high seed and get beaten every single time when facing a team who has a strong 5v5 game.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wonder if Oilers have the wrong expectations for what Ekholm can bring after last year. He's 33 years old and probably overperformed a bit after moving to Edmonton. At the same time if he can just keep mistakes to a minimum it might compensate the other defenders being a bit mistake prone.

Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad