Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Sens are stacking their defense weird. Sanderson, Chychrun and Chabot all LHD - I'm aware someone probably plays their offside, but if your best RHD is Artem Zub, your roster ain't that strong

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Watching Tampa is depressing. That's going to be us in four years.
Eh...it happens. In fact we've already seen it happen. The window closed not long after 2001 Cup run, but the Avs remained competitive until 2008 when the bottom dropped out. And it's going to happen again of course, I just hope it's fun hockey to watch.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sens are stacking their defense weird. Sanderson, Chychrun and Chabot all LHD - I'm aware someone probably plays their offside, but if your best RHD is Artem Zub, your roster ain't that strong
Its kind of the nature of the beast... high end RHD are probably the biggest unicorns in the league, especially since Defense is where handedness matters the most.

Part of what makes Cale all that more special.

I think if you can flip Bo for a good, young affordable 2C, you can avoid it. Tampa relied on their goalie a lot more than Colorado has.
Better duck for cover!

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This has nothing to do with anything but....

wut ?

1697482281872.jpeg

Why ?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
1. Why are you searching his Wikipedia?

2. It comes from his shitty taste in tattoos. Not joking, it's true.
I picked him in my pool and wanted to see if he was going to be good-to-go tomorrow when that came up...

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm just giving you shit. :nod:
Since you DIDN'T ask, funny fact about my hockey pool - I entered a bunch of years ago with people from my work and I was just screwing around and picking just about every Avs player I could get my hands on and I finished DEAD LAST (it was the 2015 Iginla is our leading scorer with 59 points year) and they ALL mocked me so I swore I would be merciless and give them a savage ass-kicking.

Since then I perfected my strategy and won the pool 3 years in a row over the past 5 years and finished 2nd last year as well (FU Erik Karlsson)

Pool.jpg

Pool2.jpg

9 Forwards + 4 D-Men + 1 goalie count towards point totals. Goals and Assists count as 1 point with Goalie Wins counting as 2 points + an extra 3 for a shutout.

I will expect your analysis report on my desk by the morning.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
In the first game of the season, after an Kings player shot a puck into the Avs net well after the whistle, a scrum ensued and Drew Doughty skated over and started punching the back of Byram's head, meanwhile MacDermid just skated around (and yes, he was on the ice)...
I don't think this is an all or nothing thing. Having an enforcer doesn't eliminate everything and not having an enforcer doesn't mean you will get your skull caved-in. There are players out there who will behave the same way regardless. But there is no doubt in my mind that there are a whole bunch of players who are influenced by the presence of enforcers. So it is a "contributing factor", but not a "absolute elimination" thing...

Watching Tampa is depressing. That's going to be us in four years.
If we have 4 more years, it will mean we have been blessed!!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That really sucks for Dach. He became significantly better than I ever thought he'd be. He could drive a top 6 line on his own at center.

I remember when he got seriously hurt at the WJC...he never was the same after that with the Hawks. If he misses the whole year that could derail his career for good.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Since you DIDN'T ask, funny fact about my hockey pool - I entered a bunch of years ago with people from my work and I was just screwing around and picking just about every Avs player I could get my hands on and I finished DEAD LAST (it was the 2015 Iginla is our leading scorer with 59 points year) and they ALL mocked me so I swore I would be merciless and give them a savage ass-kicking.

Since then I perfected my strategy and won the pool 3 years in a row over the past 5 years and finished 2nd last year as well (FU Erik Karlsson)

View attachment 753558

View attachment 753560

9 Forwards + 4 D-Men + 1 goalie count towards point totals. Goals and Assists count as 1 point with Goalie Wins counting as 2 points + an extra 3 for a shutout.

I will expect your analysis report on my desk by the morning.
Wtf took Makar 3rd overall?
Whoever got Pastrnak in round 2 got a steal.
RNH in round 3? Wtf
Nylander round 6 is an absolute steal.
Brady Tkachuk round 7 is the pick of the draft unless it's a points only league.
How the **** did Ovechkin fall to round 9?

This is my analysis. TLDR: WTF is this league?

Reactions: Linds

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
RNH in round 3? Wtf
Brady Tkachuk round 7 is the pick of the draft unless it's a points only league.

Makar went 3rd in my keeper this year lol. We did a redraft after a few guys left.

1. McDavid
2. Leon(Me)
3. Makar
4. Bedard
5. Matthews
6. Mackinnon
7. J.Hughes
8. Robertson

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
RNH in round 3? Wtf

It's just an annual pool with people from my work.Its straight up points :
Forwards and D-Men - goals and assists each count for 1 point.
Goalies - 2 points for a win + an extra 3 points bonus for a shutout.

9 forwards - 4.D-Men - 1 Goalie count towards your points and you can set your lineup every week.

New this year, we have 2 add/drops from all the non-drafted players so if your 2 best players get season ending injuries at least you can partially replace them.

Some people have weird strategies that basically will prevent them from winning. Like the guy who chose 2 goalies within his first 6.picks...hey guy,.only one of them count at a time!!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad