Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
It's just an annual pool with people from my work.Its straight up points :
Forwards and D-Men - goals and assists each count for 1 point.
Goalies - 2 points for a win + an extra 3 points bonus for a shutout.

9 forwards - 4.D-Men - 1 Goalie count towards your points and you can set your lineup every week.

New this year, we have 2 add/drops from all the non-drafted players so if your 2 best players get season ending injuries at least you can partially replace them.

Some people have weird strategies that basically will prevent them from winning. Like the guy who chose 2 goalies within his first 6.picks...hey guy,.only one of them count at a time!!!! Lol

I did that with tight ends in my fantasy league lol. Not quite the same as this guy but I held on to Hunter henry and Cole Kmet while having Mark Andrews so nobody else could have them

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The biggest problem with hockey is that the stars don’t play enough each game.

Bednar vs Matthews and you don’t see them with the puck all that often. Lots of supporting cast.

Think to football and a Brady vs Manning duel and every snap of the game one of them has the ball. Huge difference in watching and marketing stars.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The biggest problem with hockey is that the stars don’t play enough each game.

Bednar vs Matthews and you don’t see them with the puck all that often. Lots of supporting cast.

Think to football and a Brady vs Manning duel and every snap of the game one of them has the ball. Huge difference in watching and marketing stars.
Yea get that lazy bum Bednar off the bench to go head to head with Matthews more

Seriously though, team rivalries work great in hockey but individual player ones not so much. They might not even end up matched up against each other

Unrelated but some wild music choice the Leafs Arena has going on. Never thought (and hoped I wouldn’t) I would hear Avril Lavigne in 2023

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not that it means much and I might be missing one or two players off the top of my head, but I honestly think Logan Cooley is the best player the Arizona Coyotes have ever had as a franchise.

He's that good? Keller had an 86 point season last year.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They won so much and made so many finals. Now they can just enjoy. No stress. Don't feel sorry for one of the biggest winners.

Hopefully we will be the same after winning too much. :D

I kinda hoped they'd have a last hurrah if their core could stay healthy, but yeah they look disinterested now. Unfortunate..

They were prone to that before winning, if it's gonna be like that now, I'd set fire to it, screw resigning Stamkos.

But I'm just a bandwagon fan lol.

Stamkos is a shit Captain if I've ever seen one on a team that won. He's way too chill, and inconsistent himself.

Ditch his ass, make Point Captain and try to retool while Vasey, Point, Kuch, and Hedman are still good. Maybe get one more good run outta that core.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's that good? Keller had an 86 point season last year.
I think he is, Keller is great in his own right, but Cooley is shiftier, higher IQ, and can make things out of nothing which Keller sort of struggles with at the highest levels. I am not saying he'll reach it, but I believe Logan has 100-point potential at this point in time when he gets more experience.

Theres something there with Lukas Reichel. Hes looked good in all 3 Hawk games I seen so far.
Doesn't force plays, looks at what's happening and anticipates the future.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think he is, Keller is great in his own right, but Cooley is shiftier, higher IQ, and can make things out of nothing which Keller sort of struggles with at the highest levels. I am not saying he'll reach it, but I believe Logan has 100-point potential at this point in time when he gets more experience.

Yeah, it's going to be really hard for anyone to hit 100 on that team, but I see your point.

They were talking about Logan maybe being Bedards competition for the Calder this year. Sounds like you'd agree.

I really think 100 is something players can't really do without the right level of support outside of McDavid these days, even though scoring is up.

Mack can't even do it outside of pacing for it lol, and he's a perennial top 5 player.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Doesn't force plays, looks at what's happening and anticipates the future.
Logan Cooley is the upgraded version of Keller and I love me some Clayton Keller

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not that it means much and I might be missing one or two players off the top of my head, but I honestly think Logan Cooley is the best player the Arizona Coyotes have ever had as a franchise.

Keith Tkachuk probably the best player they ever had but Cooley will probably be the most talented player they have ever rostered after Krys Kolanos.

Reactions: S E P H

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking. They were rolling last season with no problems. Let's see how they deal when things don't go their way.
Jack Hughes is the only player that’s looked great for them so far. The seasons young yet, but New Jersey isn’t quite living up to the hype. Neither is Buffalo, those poor fans. Lol

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad