Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Essentially Wolves have different goals than the team. The Wolves want to be a top AHL team and play to win over everything else. They want final decisions on the front office, coaching staff, and roster. Canes want input and they care about development. There are some specifics as mentioned above, but that is just the first layer of the onion. The Wolves are pretty notoriously hard to work with and each affiliation doesn't last very long. The AHL Board can't really force them to work with a team, so they are going alone on it. This is the 2nd or 3rd time they've done this.
I don't see how the AHL can tolerate this on one hand and on the other hand don't want more teams than the NHL.

Either they are a development league and every single AHL team is affiliated to one NHL team or they aren't a development league and aren't limited to the same number of teams than the NHL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't see how the AHL can tolerate this on one hand and on the other hand don't want more teams than the NHL.

Either they are a development league and every single AHL team is affiliated to one NHL team or they aren't a development league and aren't limited to the same number of teams than the NHL.
There really isn’t anything in the bylaws to prohibit it. They can’t force the Wolves to sell or force an affiliation. So they kinda have to tolerate it, even if they don’t like it.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
There really isn’t anything in the bylaws to prohibit it. They can’t force the Wolves to sell or force an affiliation. So they kinda have to tolerate it, even if they don’t like it.
Can an NHL just buy a AHL expansion franchise and run it?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah the Wolves don't like to play nice in the sandbox. They have done this before a couple of times for sure. I think the Blues were the last time IIRC.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Brutal. He’s a really likeable kid and I want him to succeed in Montreal but he’s never going to develop into the player he could be if he keeps being forced to play centre
I wish somebody would recognize to just staple him at wing and to develop there. He can be a player in the league and a good one… I just don’t see it at center.

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Man is Jonas Johansson bad lol. Aint no way the net can be that wide open from a pass from the point. Wat you doing there blud lol

I wish somebody would recognize to just staple him at wing and to develop there. He can be a player in the league and a good one… I just don’t see it at center.
Yah hes actually decent as a winger. The moment he plays C he looks lost and confused. That second shift was clown show.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Newhook has to play center with Dach and Dvorak injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad