Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Can’t believe Tampa thought JoJo could fill in for Vasi. Like, seriously? Even if the Bolts were in their prime they’d need way better goaltending that JoJo, their system yields some scoring chances even on good days.
Once he's healthy we should try to trade them Frankie to get JoJo back for good.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Or better yet find out what Hunter Miska is up to.
Screenshot 2023-10-17 231057.png

Two things...
1. Look at that save percentage! I know it's because he only relieved Budaj so he could take a dump mid-period but he stopped all 10 SOGs he faced.

2. Whatever happened to the person that ran this site? It was upkept with such love and dedication and there was no note or message left on it when it stopped being updated sometime back in 16/17. I hope they found something in life they loved much more but whenever stuff like this happens for some reason I fear for the worse.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
View attachment 754259

Two things...
1. Look at that save percentage! I know it's because he only relieved Budaj so he could take a dump mid-period but he stopped all 10 SOGs he faced.

2. Whatever happened to the person that ran this site? It was upkept with such love and dedication and there was no note or message left on it when it stopped being updated sometime back in 16/17. I hope they found something in life they loved much more but whenever stuff like this happens for some reason I fear for the worse.

I wouldn't fear the worst. Websites die usually when you put in a lot of effort and if there's no significant traffic/money, because it gets depressing to update website without getting anything out of it. I know it was probably just a fan site(love not money aim) but you still want to see some traffic, so your work is worth it.

Or they didn't have enough time anymore. Got a baby, new job, etc. Who knows.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Again, I would not leave the Wylde for dead just yet. There’s plenty of season left and I don’t think the loss of two very old undersized PMDs is gonna adversely affect them too much. Hell, they could lose a goalie and still be just fine.

Reactions: Chiarelli

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Again, I would not leave the Wylde for dead just yet. There’s plenty of season left and I don’t think the loss of two very old undersized PMDs is gonna adversely affect them too much. Hell, they could lose a goalie and still be just fine.
Spurgeon was 2nd in TOI last season for them and is neck-and-neck with Brodin for their best defensmen.

That's a HUGE loss.

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
JEE looks fantastic to start the season.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Spurgeon was 2nd in TOI last season for them and is neck-and-neck with Brodin for their best defensmen.

That's a HUGE loss.
I know/knew way too much about the Wild because I had a coworker (he moved back home a couple months ago) who is very good friends with one of them and is the only person I’ve worked with in years who follows hockey. Spurgeon is a massive loss for them. It’s more like us losing Landy (if he was a D) than it is losing a TBoobs

Reactions: Azrael89

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Minny has a deep and balanced roster. Couple injuries even to guys higher in the lineup won’t affect them much.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Watched the Buff/TB game. Tage IS really awful defensively. I can see where this reputation comes from. He is old enough to know better. ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad