Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Washington is in trouble. I thought it was a given that Ovi would get Gretzky goal record but with the team they currently have I dont know anymore. This is a terrible Caps team and it shouldnt come as a shock considering who the goalie is.
There best bet is to find another team to help them double retain and then they can trade Ovi to us for Manson. We'll have to figure out a way to cheaply replace Manson but others have suggested that Frankie could be the centerpiece of trade for an RD and then we could just roll with Justus or Ivan as our backup and see if we can get comfortable with one of them or if necessary make a trade at the deadline to get a more seasoned vet.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Personally I really dislike their roster.
When you look at the roster on paper, specially when you see 5 mill AAV for Compher, it’s not all that impressive, but so far they look decent to start the season. We’ll see how long they can keep it up and play this way. Right now all their new players are on adrenaline rush

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Man I want to see Ovi get the record, but he hasn't even registered a shot in the past 2 games. Going to be a long year for him

• Wow
Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man I want to see Ovi get the record, but he hasn't even registered a shot in the past 2 games. Going to be a long year for him

That's not a good sign. You have to go back almost two full years to Nov 11 2021, to find the last game Ovechkin didn't have a shot.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Josh Norris is finally back with the Sens...and scored 2 goals tonight. That's pretty awesome for them.
They really need him back in the worst way. I've said it before and I'm willing to die on this hill but Chychychyrn or whatever his name is and Chabot both are more of a #3 or good #4 type. Not an actual top pairing.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I hope he doesn't. That record belongs to Mr. Wayne Gretzky.
All records are meant to be broken. However, I have no problems with updating the names of some awards. Gretzky should certainly have an award named after him. I actually think the player with the most assists would be a good one to create for him.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Ovie break the record, but I have to admit my fervor for him doing so is lessened dramatically due to current geopolitics. I'm not sure what that says about me, but in the words of the great philosopher, Todd Bertuzzi, "it is what it is".

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Personally I really dislike their roster.
I don't. That's a competitive roster, with a legit top line center and top pairing. They also have enough depth that they don't have to rush their prospects. Don't know if the plan is to keep Copp at wing but they now have options between him and JTC.

Obviously goaltending is still a huge question mark but if Cossa continues to develop, it won't matter.

Haven't liked all of his moves but the Wings look like they're on track. I doubt this hot start lasts but they're likely not tanking anymore either.

Avs would have won a cup that season with Andrew Raycroft in net.
Geez, Kuemps frustrated the living hell outta me with his rebound control and occasional f***ups but geeeeeeez the man backstopped the Avs to a Cup victory with one fully functional eye. I just don't get the hate he gets on here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad