Around the League - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
What's wrong with Outlaws?

X Blizz - too close to Avs
X HC - just sucks
X Mammoth - lacrosse

Bottom 3 get my vote.

Reactions: The Moops

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
To give the illusion of the fans having a voice.
Yeah, but they're going to have a weird inaugural jersey for no reason.

Of course they're going to sell two different jerseys, but I can't think that these first ones are going to be looked at positively moving on.

What's wrong with Outlaws?
Way too generic.

Yeti and Venom are fine and obviously it's going to be Yeti.

Reactions: Chiarelli

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I hope they go with colors similar to the Jazz with Purple being the main color.
The plan has been to have some crossover, though I think we pretty much know it'll be sky blue, black and white. Purple may enter, but sky blue is likely to be the main color. Which is about as Utah as it gets. :laugh:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
How the hell did Hockey Club beat out Pioneers/Mountaineers?
Because it's absolutely the best option out of those and not particularly close.

As a general rule, North American sports teams names are f***ing cringe AF, designed for 10 year old kids and not adults. I'm sorry, but that's just the fact. The Avalanche are no exception. Utah HC would actually be a breath of fresh air and sound serious and interesting, instead of this cringe Yeti bullshit.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Because it's absolutely the best option out of those and not particularly close.

As a general rule, North American sports teams names are f***ing cringe AF, designed for 10 year old kids and not adults. I'm sorry, but that's just the fact. The Avalanche are no exception. Utah HC would actually be a breath of fresh air and sound serious and interesting, instead of this cringe Yeti bullshit.
Barf

Nothing is more boring and generic than City name + "insert sport" Club. But then again, Soccer is boring as f***, so it fits.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Tell me you’re European without telling me.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What kind of blue are we talking about here?

There's no purple jersey in the NHL, that's the color they should go with. It worked for the Jazz.
I would love to see more purple in the NHL (Kings just refuse to give their fans the jersey they want) so I agree, but it looks like a light-ish blue on black and I think it looks terrible.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I would love to see more purple in the NHL (Kings just refuse to give their fans the jersey they want) so I agree, but it looks like a light-ish blue on black and I think it looks terrible.

Just put a nice logo on this color scheme:

dJRJ3yF.png

Reactions: Pokecheque

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
That's lame af.

They had plenty of time to pick a name, logo and design a jersey between the announcement that they'd move there and the start of the 24-25 season.
I don't remember if Winnipeg knew they were getting a team behind the scenes but if not the internet tells me between May 31, 2011 and July 22, 2011 they were able to come up with a logo and jerseys. No reason Utah can't have something ready for September if that's the case.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't remember if Winnipeg knew they were getting a team behind the scenes but if not the internet tells me between May 31, 2011 and July 22, 2011 they were able to come up with a logo and jerseys. No reason Utah can't have something ready for September if that's the case.
In their case, they were simply taking over a historical name and just had to update the logo. Everyone knew it was the Jets. In this case, I think we all know it will end up being Yeti. It is very likely things are already moving in the background. This is a very clear PR ploy to invest fans. Make them feel involved in the process. I think it is easy to see through, but that's the purpose.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In their case, they were simply taking over a historical name and just had to update the logo. Everyone knew it was the Jets. In this case, I think we all know it will end up being Yeti. It is very likely things are already moving in the background. This is a very clear PR ploy to invest fans. Make them feel involved in the process. I think it is easy to see through, but that's the purpose.
The right thing to do to make a splash would have been to have the jersey ready for the draft at the end of the month and have their first round pick put it on to unveil it to the public. Name, colors, logo, everything.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The right thing to do to make a splash would have been to have the jersey ready for the draft at the end of the month and have their first round pick put it on to unveil it to the public. Name, colors, logo, everything.
There is no right or wrong here... just opinions. Hell the Commanders took two years to put out the most blah name they could imagine and it worked out fine. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad