Around the League - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
It is basically the whole bowls are built around. A basketball court that is way smaller than a rink. Then the bowls are really steep for a modern arena. So it just isn’t the right setup at all. Similar to Barclays that it is a square peg and round hole situation.

Rumors are that a whole bowl section on an end (likely 2x defend) will be torn out where a high priced club and box seats will be placed with a few rows below. Those rows will retract and the ice will elevate and shift to that end. Sounds a bit crazy and expensive. But if it works, great basketball environment along with great hockey seats. At about 16.7k capacity.
I thought they got funding for a new arena? Why bother renovating in the meantime?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I thought they got funding for a new arena? Why bother renovating in the meantime?
Seems that plan changed, the funding is now for this whole project (it has a few skeptics and hurdles, but won’t be a real issue). It’ll basically be a whole new arena when it is done. Seems like it’ll be more expensive and complicated in the end, but I’m not an engineer… so that’s just an idiot’s opinion.

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Seems that plan changed, the funding is now for this whole project (it has a few skeptics and hurdles, but won’t be a real issue). It’ll basically be a whole new arena when it is done. Seems like it’ll be more expensive and complicated in the end, but I’m not an engineer… so that’s just an idiot’s opinion.
Oh that's interesting. I was hoping for a new stadium

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

zoomzoom

Jul 1, 2006

Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Matthew Tkachuk, Jacob Trouba, David Pastrnak, Jeremy Swayman, Quinn Hughes, Jack Eichel, William Nylander, Filip Forsberg and Gabriel Landeskog.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know there is always a delay between rounds...but my god, I'm ready for the season to finish up. Do we really have to wait 4 more days?
I figured ESPN was going to push for a more television-friendly schedule that's more akin to the NBA (the NBA playoff schedule takes f***ing FOREVER) but yeah, possibly awarding the Cup on June 25th and having the draft, like, a week later is just insane to me.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeti it is then.
Yeti is going to win, but Mammoth is the classiest one that will appease old and young fans, Yeti is for the 12-year-olds. Blizzard is too close to Avalanche and Outlaws though has great potential logo-wise, it is a bit too community college level of a nickname.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeti is going to win, but Mammoth is the classist one that will appease old and young fans, Yeti is for the 12-year-olds. Blizzard is too close to Avalanche and Outlaws though has great potential logo-wise, it is a bit too community college level of a nickname.

Over time we get used to dumb names and they just become normal. Wild, Avalanche, Angels, Commanders, Guardians, Mighty Ducks, Packers, etc all kinda dumb names, but people gain attachment and the cringe wears off. I don't think Yeti is the best name, but it is inoffensive and they can create a good cracked out mascot. That's enough for me. :laugh:

Kinda felt this was gonna be the name all along, and this whole voting for a name thing is a sham.
It has felt like the most popular option (at least in the social media world) beyond the joke names the whole time. I'd be shocked if it didn't have the most votes by a good margin.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Over time we get used to dumb names and they just become normal. Wild, Avalanche, Angels, Commanders, Guardians, Mighty Ducks, Packers, etc all kinda dumb names, but people gain attachment and the cringe wears off. I don't think Yeti is the best name, but it is inoffensive and they can create a good cracked out mascot. That's enough for me. :laugh:

It has felt like the most popular option (at least in the social media world) beyond the joke names the whole time. I'd be shocked if it didn't have the most votes by a good margin.
The Colorados Avalanches.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Colorados Avalanches.
I'm still butthurt about the Xtreme.

0d66cc54-8f57-402c-94f3-fce5c0ab368b_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad