Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I lost all respect for Leon Draisaitl during the 2022 WCF when his supposed "ankle injury" kept him from being able to skate in his own zone, to battle defensively, and to backcheck.

Then the Oilers would get the puck and he would be FLYING up the ice.

He's a loser. Until that mentality changes, he always will be.

I'm also not getting good vibes from McDavid this year. Yeah, your goaltending isn't the best but don't throw your arms up in frustration when they let a goal in like he did against Philadelphia on Walker's SHG. I get it was a bad goal, but your goalie can see that replay. Now he sees, publicly, you have no faith in him.

That orgs mentality has been rotten for years and clearly it has trickled down to the players.
MacK used to throw up his arms and stop skating to make angry faces at the refs ten times a game.

He still does occasionally. While the play is going on. There's some rightful criticisms of McDavid but in terms of what the man brings on the ice in terms of effort he can't be faulted. MacK isn't exactly engaged defensively at all times. The difference is one guy has Landeskog on the wing. The other has Kane.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
There’s no setting the record straight. The 2022 Avs had an elite 1C on the best contract in the league and Kadri playing like a 1C in a contract year. The 2022 Avs are a memory. The 2023 Knights are a memory. If they meet in 2024, it’s not a validation on the superiority of either the 2022 Avs fans or the 2023 Knights.
Ok sure, but we've had one series against them and they embarrassed us. If they were to meet in the western final that's a heavyweight series with the same magnitude of a Chicago-LA or a Pens-Caps.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
MacK used to throw up his arms and stop skating to make angry faces at the refs ten times a game.

He still does occasionally. While the play is going on. There's some rightful criticisms of McDavid but in terms of what the man brings on the ice in terms of effort he can't be faulted. MacK isn't exactly engaged defensively at all times. The difference is one guy has Landeskog on the wing. The other has Kane.
That's a ref. This is your goalie.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I lost all respect for Leon Draisaitl during the 2022 WCF when his supposed "ankle injury" kept him from being able to skate in his own zone, to battle defensively, and to backcheck.

Then the Oilers would get the puck and he would be FLYING up the ice.

He's a loser. Until that mentality changes, he always will be.

I'm also not getting good vibes from McDavid this year. Yeah, your goaltending isn't the best but don't throw your arms up in frustration when they let a goal in like he did against Philadelphia on Walker's SHG. I get it was a bad goal, but your goalie can see that replay. Now he sees, publicly, you have no faith in him.

That orgs mentality has been rotten for years and clearly it has trickled down to the players.
I remember when McDavid was doing that in the bubble every time Ethan Bear would f*** up in that Jets series.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Huberdeau a smooth -4 today, along with zero points, zero shots, zero hits. What an absolute disaster of a contract that's been already.
lol ya like I said before Florida wanted rid of him and Weegar and Calgary thought they were getting a good deal lol.

Whatever buckscrap you want to tell the fans to sell tickets

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I just want to be very clear about something: the new Detroit goal song is unforgivable. That makes Chelsea Dagger sound like f***ing Bohemian Rhapsody. By the end of the season I may hate the Red Wings more than I ever did 20 years ago.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I just want to be very clear about something: the new Detroit goal song is unforgivable. That makes Chelsea Dagger sound like f***ing Bohemian Rhapsody. By the end of the season I may hate the Red Wings more than I ever did 20 years ago.
1698042288243.png

me anytime someone shits on the red wings

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
MacDavid does not have a winner's face

You didn't know that was a thing until now, but watch MacDavid's face every time his team faces any kind of adversity, and tell me he's got a winner's face - no determination, just pain

Guy must wake up every day looking like a little kid who didn't get the toy he wanted for Christmas

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I just looked it up after you said this and just WTF. It’s actually painful how bad that is

On a semi-related note - I might now love Peyton Krebs for picking Rasputin as his goal song. Hilarious choice

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What's wrong with Without Me? I don't care if it's a stupid snippet, you can't make me dislike something off The Eminem Show.
That’s which song it is. I knew it was Eminem but never been a fan so couldn’t remember which one. Pretty neutral on the full song itself but that snippet is annoying AF

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm sure he has 84,000,000+ reasons to not be unhappy

I bet he's a little bummed though--dude loooooved living and playing in Florida, has a whole collection of very expensive sports cars. Can't really drive those, especially with the top down, in Calgary.

I'm not breaking out the violin for him or anything, just sayin' he was probably a lot sadder than most about leaving the Florida Panthers.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I am so happy he was a part of our team, but I'm also kinda happy that he wasn't re-signed. Seems like he's been injured more often than not since he went to Seattle.

That was a result of a dirty f***ing hit from none other than Jacob Trouba. At least the refs called him for boarding. Very dangerous hit that could've been a lot worse.

He's a tad injury prone but not to the same degree as, say, Bo Byram. I never thought the Avs were ever going to retain him long-term, nor should they have. It's a shame though that they also haven't really replaced what he brought to the table. E-Rod kinda/sorta served that role somewhat but wasn't anywhere near as good.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
The Byram hate for a player who has had 4 rough games to start a year on his off side is nuts. He's no Hughes but god damn ya'll he helped us win the cup! Give the kid some time to get his feet underneath him this season before calling for his head lol

I love this place and y'all, but my god does this place become unbearable sometimes with the knee jerk reactions and hyperbole.

Get the f*** outside people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad