Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Seattle looks terrible this year. Found a way to make Quick look serviceable again

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Seattle looks terrible this year. Found a way to make Quick look serviceable again
You can get a mediocre team come together and play awesome for a stretch of time, but eventually you need talent to win. Vegas found this out, and got Pietrangelo, Eichel, Stone.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
zYTh2Vp.jpg

giphy.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

You can get a mediocre team come together and play awesome for a stretch of time, but eventually you need talent to win. Vegas found this out, and got Pietrangelo, Eichel, Stone.

Lighting pledge arena

Last edited:
Reactions: Nihiliste

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I have the feeling Kraken’s best accomplishment ever is gonna be the 1st round win in the playoffs vs the Avs. They’ll look back at that glory day 20 years from now and wish they could do more

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I have the feeling Kraken’s best accomplishment ever is gonna be the 1st round win in the playoffs vs the Avs. They’ll look back at that glory day 20 years from now and wish they could do more
They still have the cap space and assets to do what Vegas did, get some stars. I believe they eventually will.

Imagine if EP went a few hundred miles south from Vancouver? Wouldn't that be the spiciest storyline in like forever?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They still have the cap space and assets to do what Vegas did, get some stars. I believe they eventually will.

Imagine if EP went a few hundred miles south from Vancouver? Wouldn't that be the spiciest storyline in like forever?
They have to get a #1 D like Pietrangelo and a 1C like Eichel which won’t be that easy if we’re comparing Seattle to Vegas

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They have to get a #1 D like Pietrangelo and a 1C like Eichel which won’t be that easy if we’re comparing Seattle to Vegas
I mean Vegas managed to do it. Usually we say you have to draft those players, you can't trade for them or get them in free agency. Well, Vegas did, and won the cup with them.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it can be done. Elias Petterson is an interesting storyline to watch for. Seattle could really give him the bag if they wanted.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean Vegas managed to do it. Usually we say you have to draft those players, you can't trade for them or get them in free agency. Well, Vegas did, and won the cup with them.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it can be done. Elias Petterson is an interesting storyline to watch for. Seattle could really give him the bag if they wanted.
Yeah I guess it’s possible but Vegas runs their team differently and aggressively, not sure if Kraken will do the same

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm legit starting to wonder if Ovi will reach Gretzky. The Caps are a hot, steaming pile of garbage team. Every core player is ultra old, signed long term and getting worse by the day.

Ovi didn't score or come close to scoring yet this year. He had 0 SOG in his last 2 games before tonight.
The only way Ovi can break the record is if he’s traded to a better team, and that needs to happen ASAP

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
What a loser. There's a reason that dude eventually ruins every team he plays on.
Wouldn’t it be just awful if Kane was the one who got McDavid out of Edmonton and he went on to win a Cup with that other team and have his day with the Cup in Toronto with the Leafs still not having won? It would be near maximum chaos (Bedard winning before McDavid and Matthews would be the ultimate chaos)

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Kane’s talent can mask his deficiencies when he’s playing well, but there’s a lot about that guy that can negatively affect a team.

Absolutely one of the laziest defensive players in the league. The only time he gives a shit about the game is when the puck is on his stick. He’s also a cheap shot artist and a whiner who doesn’t own up to his own poor play.

You can live with the other stuff when he’s scoring 30, but if his skill dips even a little, he can become a real problem.

Reactions: katfude

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Wouldn’t it be just awful if Kane was the one who got McDavid out of Edmonton and he went on to win a Cup with that other team and have his day with the Cup in Toronto with the Leafs still not having won? It would be near maximum chaos (Bedard winning before McDavid and Matthews would be the ultimate chaos)
This fantasy became very specific very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad