Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I mean Vegas managed to do it. Usually we say you have to draft those players, you can't trade for them or get them in free agency. Well, Vegas did, and won the cup with them.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it can be done. Elias Petterson is an interesting storyline to watch for. Seattle could really give him the bag if they wanted.

Imagine the amount of salt with Canucks fans if that would happen and EP is playing just down the road. There’d be less salt in the ocean. It would be so great.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kane’s talent can mask his deficiencies when he’s playing well, but there’s a lot about that guy that can negatively affect a team.

Absolutely one of the laziest defensive players in the league. The only time he gives a shit about the game is when the puck is on his stick. He’s also a cheap shot artist and a whiner who doesn’t own up to his own poor play.

You can live with the other stuff when he’s scoring 30, but if his skill dips even a little, he can become a real problem.
He is finished. Maroon slicing his wrist open caused him to look horrible last year and that has continued into this season.

He looks like he is weak on the puck and can't shoot.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Weird that the Sharks chose THIS year to be this unimaginably bad.
I caught Nico Sturm’s interview and he’s like “the guys are really trying. Even in the weight room I see it. It’s not lack of effort. We’re a really close group of guys” he was trying to say anything but “we just suck. The team is bad. What do you want from us?”

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really just despise this franchise

Vegas is like that kid back during the golden age of Pokemon cards and he keeps pulling out Charizards/Mewtwos/Luigias from the packs by sheer fortune. It's not like you don't get rare Pokemon cards yourself, but not at the level or volume this other kid does. That's how I see Vegas, there always has to be that one kid everyone knows that randomly gets all the rare cards.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's absolutely among the worst sides of my personality and I should try to better myself but I just love the Oilers board at times like these
No one deserves respect if they ain't going to show you respect in the first place. Oiler fans have been pretty dang disrespectful of our club for the past ten years. When MacKinnon was drafted, there were not any "who's the better team" threads on the main boards, but guess what happened when they ventured into McDavid? Who's better threads started popping up all over the place between our teams. Not only that, but a big percentage of them still believe they have the 1st and 2nd best players in the world lol. Like points really determine talent (lol), especially considering how many of them are on the powerplay. Just the sheer arrogance by them on top of that as well. They ain't winning a Cup until they get 'umbled because their team is like their fanbase, cocky yet flawed.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
No one deserves respect if they ain't going to show you respect in the first place. Oiler fans have been pretty dang disrespectful of our club for the past ten years. When MacKinnon was drafted, there were not any "who's the better team" threads on the main boards, but guess what happened when they ventured into McDavid? Who's better threads started popping up all over the place between our teams. Not only that, but a big percentage of them still believe they have the 1st and 2nd best players in the world lol. Like points really determine talent (lol), especially considering how many of them are on the powerplay. Just the sheer arrogance by them on top of that as well. They ain't winning a Cup until they get 'umbled because their team is like their fanbase, cocky yet flawed.
Yeah points are not everything. McD is not bad without the puck but could certainly be better. Drai on the other hand.....his effort level when he has the puck vs when he doesn't is night and day. I can certainly appreciate is offensive ability but I find it really difficult to cheer for a player like that. At least Mack has improved in that department.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah points are not everything. McD is not bad without the puck but could certainly be better. Drai on the other hand.....his effort level when he has the puck vs when he doesn't is night and day. I can certainly appreciate is offensive ability but I find it really difficult to cheer for a player like that. At least Mack has improved in that department.
Yah for how great he is offensively Leon can be downright lazy without the puck. Like levels above Mikko dont give a shit lazy. Im a huge Leon stan but part of why I could never put him above Mackinnon is because of that laziness. Mackinnon is no Jere Lehtinen but he tries to play defense atleast.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yah for how great he is offensively Leon can be downright lazy without the puck. Like levels above Mikko dont give a shit lazy. Im a huge Leon stan but part of why I could never put him above Mackinnon is because of that laziness. Mackinnon is no Jere Lehtinen but he tries to play defense atleast.
Yeah nobody is asking Drai to be even good at it but at least give it an honest try.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Any teeny tiny respect I had left for Oilers fans on this board was all gone when a lot of them started unironically liking a certain Blues fans' posts (you know the one). f*** em, they're annoying and weird

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I kind of understand Oilers fans frustrations, they have the highest scoring Center in the game, an elite winger who can play 2c in Draisaitl, but they never lucked into a Makar/Toews defensive pairing, and their GM refuses to find a true starting goalie. The Avs are what Oilers fans envisioned for their team.

Still, some of them are ass clowns whenever MacKinnon or Makar get brought up. Lol

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I kind of understand Oilers fans frustrations, they have the highest scoring Center in the game, an elite winger who can play 2c in Draisaitl, but they never lucked into a Makar/Toews defensive pairing, and their GM refuses to find a true starting goalie. The Avs are what Oilers fans envisioned for their team.

Still, some of them are ass clowns whenever MacKinnon or Makar get brought up. Lol
I mean they tried with Campbell. It was very poor judgment, but I wouldn't say Holland didn't try.

Outside of the elite 5/6 goalies, it's a crapshoot anyway.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I lost all respect for Leon Draisaitl during the 2022 WCF when his supposed "ankle injury" kept him from being able to skate in his own zone, to battle defensively, and to backcheck.

Then the Oilers would get the puck and he would be FLYING up the ice.

He's a loser. Until that mentality changes, he always will be.

I'm also not getting good vibes from McDavid this year. Yeah, your goaltending isn't the best but don't throw your arms up in frustration when they let a goal in like he did against Philadelphia on Walker's SHG. I get it was a bad goal, but your goalie can see that replay. Now he sees, publicly, you have no faith in him.

That orgs mentality has been rotten for years and clearly it has trickled down to the players.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I lost all respect for Leon Draisaitl during the 2022 WCF when his supposed "ankle injury" kept him from being able to skate in his own zone, to battle defensively, and to backcheck.

Then the Oilers would get the puck and he would be FLYING up the ice.

He's a loser. Until that mentality changes, he always will be.

I'm also not getting good vibes from McDavid this year. Yeah, your goaltending isn't the best but don't throw your arms up in frustration when they let a goal in like he did against Philadelphia on Walker's SHG. I get it was a bad goal, but your goalie can see that replay. Now he sees, publicly, you have no faith in him.

That orgs mentality has been rotten for years and clearly it has trickled down to the players.
Yeah I noticed that as well. It was so obvious it was actually making me laugh every time. :laugh:

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_5371.jpeg

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs-Vegas western conference final seems inevitable right now. I hope it happens. We won when they had their injury troubles. They won when we had our injury troubles. Let's set the record straight this year. Modern day Chicago-LAK.

There’s no setting the record straight. The 2022 Avs had an elite 1C on the best contract in the league and Kadri playing like a 1C in a contract year. The 2022 Avs are a memory. The 2023 Knights are a memory. If they meet in 2024, it’s not a validation on the superiority of either the 2022 Avs fans or the 2023 Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad