Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Bergeron has herniated disks in his back. Eventually father time catches up with everyone, and now it seems it's Boston. I don't blame Boston's management for going all in, this really was their last chance, before having to go through some sort of retool/rebuild. No first round pick for the next two years, no second round pick for the next three years... They are going to need to get some good returns on their players, if they truly want to rebuild.

Under any assumption that Krecj and Bergeron retire now, it's going to be very tough for them next year. 14 players currently signed, with $10,587,500 in cap space according to CapFriendly... that's before subtracting the Performance bonuses of $4.5 mill from this year, so they really have $6.187 mil in cap space, Swayman to extend, and fill out the rest of the roster.

Boston had one heck of a long run, but it appears that's over now.

Jaromir Jagr is still playing. When you own the team it is pretty good job security, It will probably be him selling the team that makes him retire.

A former Toronto Maple Leaf is the team's captain too lol.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018

Why push Ullmark well past his limits when Swayman was right there?

If he was that injured, it's insane that they played him over Swayman. Mobility and technique are pretty darn important for a goalie.

And while Ullmark is probably going to win the Vezina, Swayman's performance on a per-game basis wasn't that far off Ullmark this season. +0.883 vs +0.715 GSAx/60.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Oh man...

It's worse than I thought.
To compare to the Leafs.

Leafs have 6 Dmen signed for next year and 3 goalies. A little thin at forward but with 7.5 million in cap space plus their first round pick.

Probably can add Robertson for cheap, McCann or Holmberg can come up cheap. Knies is in full time and can replace Bunting.

If they can buyout Murray, they most likely can resign ROR,, Schenn and Accari.

ZAR, Kamph, Kerfoot, Bunting, Simmonds probably all go. ( Unless any of them want to stay on a min deal.)

I think Bunting goes. Kerfoot might sign really cheap.

But these are all offseason issues. Time to win it all first

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Leafs positive outcome is the Rangers winning so that there's still a chance we have home ice in the Conference Finals if we take care of business against Florida. However the Rangers losing would be the funniest outcome, as it would make all their deadline maneuvering to get Kane for naught.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
To compare to the Leafs.

Leafs have 6 Dmen signed for next year and 3 goalies. A little thin at forward but with 7.5 million in cap space plus their first round pick.

Probably can add Robertson for cheap, McCann or Holmberg can come up cheap. Knies is in full time and can replace Bunting.

If they can buyout Murray, they most likely can resign ROR,, Schenn and Accari.

ZAR, Kamph, Kerfoot, Bunting, Simmonds probably all go. ( Unless any of them want to stay on a min deal.)

I think Bunting goes. Kerfoot might sign really cheap.

But these are all offseason issues. Time to win it all first
Plus there is Muzzin's LTIR potentially, so that would open up well over $13 million.

Leafs are in good shape to keep most of their deadline acquisitions should they so choose...plus moving Murray makes nearly $18 million in space.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The Leafs positive outcome is the Rangers winning so that there's still a chance we have home ice in the Conference Finals if we take care of business against Florida. However the Rangers losing would be the funniest outcome, as it would make all their deadline maneuvering to get Kane for naught.

I'm split on that one, on one hand I rather like the Rangers and being such a huge franchise their fans very conspicuously do not have the small dog inferiority complex of your everyday Ottawa/Winnipeg/Edmonton fan, which is a breath of fresh air. Like seriously, you want a levelheaded take on the Leafs without the usual histrionics, ask a Rangers fan. On the other hand, I am a little salty on how many all stars they've had giftwrapped to them just by virtue that they didn't want to play anywhere other than NYC. And yes I do see where there's room for irony there, but we're like 1 for 25 in that department in the last 20 years.

I think they'd be a harder out than Jersey though. I want no part of Shesterkin.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad