Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Check out this jabroni Boston writer from the Athletic. Less than a month ago he was previewing a potential Leafs-Bruins second round series and was basically bragging about how the Bruins would walk us.

I also love this tidbit at the end of the article:

george-of-the-jungle-now-comes-the-part-where-we-throw-our-heads-back-and-laugh.gif
He's right - it didn't take them long to get out of the entire playoffs!

Reactions: DirkStraun

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Check out this jabroni Boston writer from the Athletic. Less than a month ago he was previewing a potential Leafs-Bruins second round series and was basically bragging about how the Bruins would walk us.

I also love this tidbit at the end of the article:

george-of-the-jungle-now-comes-the-part-where-we-throw-our-heads-back-and-laugh.gif

Talk about shooting you wad early. It couldn't have happened to a better team.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Colorado (champions), Tampa Bay (finalists), Boston (NHL wins record), all done in round 1.

I love hockey. This is the best tournament in sports.

It's nice that our team had a part in making that happen

Reactions: 7even

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think the Leafs, but more so the Panthers, broke every playoff prediction made. Nobody predicted the Lightning and the Broons would both go out in the first round

The majority of predictions had the Leafs advancing?

Bruins for sure though.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I think the Leafs, but more so the Panthers, broke every playoff prediction made. Nobody predicted the Lightning and the Broons would both go out in the first round

its really one of the most interesting things about this league - anything can happen once you're in the playoffs.

Reactions: willmma

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So much for the Bruins 'record breaking' regular season.

Too bad they shot their load doing so. Now, our Leafs can't exercise that demon.

Our Leafs need to take Florida seriously. They'll be pumped after eliminating the mighty Bruins !!!

Reactions: Trapper and ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Too bad they shot their load doing so. Now, our Leafs can't exercise that demon.

Our Leafs need to take Florida seriously. They'll be pumped after eliminating the mighty Bruins !!!
The series seemed to swing when Ullmark stupidly fought Tkachuk. Last night we saw Tkachuk try to get into Swayman's head when he accidently, intentionally bumped into him. Swayman calmly skated over to MT, said something and gave him a stick tap. You can bet MT tries the same tactics on Sammy.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The 7 teams that have advanced to round 2 have cliched the series on the road.
Can the Rangers can make it 8.

Reactions: Jojalu

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Tampa, Boston, Colorado all gone and we are still here. Need to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Let’s see if they light the CN Tower in its rightful colours now.

• Love
Reactions: Al14 and Auston 316
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad