Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Devils look good as f***.

They played us well in the regular season. If we make it that far I'd much rather play Carolina.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Both Rangers and Devils seem a little soft to me. Maybe it’s just the way the series is playing out.

The toughest teams in the East are all in the Atlantic. Your perception is correct.

Mind you, that doesn’t mean they’ll lose to either us or Florida or be easy outs, but the winner will have a much less physically taxing time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HolyCrap

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Something I’m always reminded of whenever watching other teams is how good we are on the cycle. From people who track the stuff like AllThreeZones, Leaf’s are consistently one of the best teams in the league at generating offense off the cycle, however we’re pretty mid at generating offense off the rush.

We actually do a better job at getting into the “dirty areas” than most teams.

Which is ironic considering post 2017 the Leafs were one of the fastest teams in the league. The emphasis on agility rather than just straight line speed and being able to move down low in tight areas I believe has been a key evolution in recent cup winners as well. Tampa and Colorado are similar in team speed to Toronto (with outliers such as Point, Mack and Makar) but they're very agile on the cycle like Toronto and all three teams are great at incredibly lengthy zone time once they get the puck under control in the OZ.

Reactions: torontoblood

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Devils look good as f***.

They played us well in the regular season. If we make it that far I'd much rather play Carolina.

The Leafs pulled five out of six points against the Devils this past season. Close games all - but still two wins and one OTL. Could it have gone the other way? Yeah. But it didn’t.

The season before? Six out of six while scoring 16 goals in three games.

Everyone is so afraid of the Rangers, who are in the process of coughing up a series to a smaller, discount version of the Leafs.

Florida and Carolina are tougher outs for us.

Reactions: torontoblood

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
wasn't the head the principal point of contact on that hit? the shoulder was flush on the head.

not saying trouba was particularly predatory, meier was hunched over, but hard not to see how the head wasn't the principal point of contact even if truoba wasn't head hunting.

also wow nj's reaction to that hit was really sad. it may have been clean, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad