Around the League 2020/2021 Thread | Stanley Cup Final Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
What a dumbass trade by the oilers.
Hawks Gm must be drinking and laughing himself to sleep rn.

I accidentally posted on the oilers board and someone there actually argued they just filled their 2nd pairing for the next 2 seasons.
When there is going to be a bunch of way cheaper better and younger players on FA than that pos Keith

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Seriously you have the senators who did so much stupid shit last summer and now you add mcguire like this should be an automatic call to them to try and dump the bad contract guys that they may see value in

big body tyler myers for an unprotected 1st

Reactions: Peen

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
The Holland portion of the video is absolutely incredible.

tenor.gif

Reactions: hellstick

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Anybody else worried that Jimbo chases Tyson Barrie again?

Honestly - I think Barrie priced himself out of our range. IMO, some team is going to give him term with a nice hit. He’s a good player, but he’s not a fit for our current roster (IMO).

The type of defensemen we need are reliable, intelligent defenders who can transition the puck well, PK and cover their more high flying partners’ backsides.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I actually don't think the Keith trade is *that* bad for the Oilers. I mean, it's bad, sure, but I don't think it's quite in the league of Larsson for Hall kind of bad. At the very least it eliminates the threat of Keith coming here, so there's that.
Considering it’s a flat cap world rn it’s very bad in my books.

But hey it’s their money and cap and if they decide to throw 9.1mil on kassian and Keith I’m all for it lol.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Anyone else really enjoy that the cup has the history of dinks and dents even though it is a one of a kind trophy (yes i know 3 exist but 1 is still used for basically everything important). Gives it more character even though its a piece of metal.
It's the most Florida hockey headline possible.

Reactions: vanuck

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Today is a great day. You guys have no idea how shit it is to live in the US and have to endure Pierre Maguire on the NBC broadcast. Thank you Ottawa for removing that possibility.

Reactions: vanuck

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I was giving Holland the benefit of the doubt until now.

He's a moron too obviously. Seriously being a GM is not that hard, dont make it more complicated than it need be.

Chicago had a 1 team trade list. And they still won.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Every bodily fluid has been in the cup many times.

Also Holland is starting to look like Chiarelli/Benning/Tallon/etc. This transaction isn't very significant except for the implications:
  • It's a bad value deal, there should be 50% retained
  • It's a short term acquisition with a significant opportunity cost (5.5M tied up) but fairly low upside
  • It's paying cap for a mentorpede
  • And worst of all for the Oilers, it shows a lack of a cohesive vision.

What are the Oilers trying to do right now? Are they waiting for Chiarelli's disasters to drop off the roster so they can compete? If so, why are they trading away futures for another bad cap contract? Are they competing now? If so, what the hell have they been doing since Holland came onboard?

Plus with how Bouchard has been getting screwed with by the Oil, this creates the possibility that Keith manages to Gudbranson Bouchard's career like Hutton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad