Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Imagine we sign Tavares and every insider freaks out that Ray was so sneaky
Haha one can dream

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Having a sneaky GM is great. Been really lucky as a Devils fan for the last three decades.

Reactions: Dialamo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's a fake Twitter account, not the real Dreger.

Yep...facepalm. Although it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility it comes down to the Isles and Leafs. And he pretty much has to decide by tomorrow night unless he's leaving.

Like I've been saying, he's not going anywhere

I could see the presser with him and a smiling Lou already

I don't think he is either but it's a lot of unneccesary drama to hold up the proceedings if he was just gonna no doubt re-sign there. The Stamkos comparison I get but that was different since there were real issues with him and management.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
It's not surprising that you haven't heard much from the Devils camp. This is how Shero operates. He's done this with Kyle Palmieri, MoJo, and to a lesser extent Hall. He waits around to see what teams have players they need to move for cap/"personal" reasons and takes advantage of it. He's waiting for the dust to settle on the FA signing period to determine where he should strike.

I'm liking it

We never heard much of anythig from Lou either.... different operating styles, but both keep things quiet

Reactions: johnny pierogi

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Im trying to figure out how unbearable Leafs fans would be if he signed there?

Im sure they would have the pride route planned by July 2nd, and already have there Cup shirts and hats ready to go!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only thing that would be good about him signing with the Leafs (besides getting out of the division) is the absolute troll it would be to Lou :P

God only knows the kind of contracts he's gonna throw out in FA if the Isles don't re-sign JT and have to spend money to hit the floor.

Reactions: nugg

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Ot, but related to the isles.
The belmont construction was supposed to start early March, in a day itll be July with no sign breaking ground in site.
The ronkonkoma arena is supposed to be breaking ground in August.

My guess is that starting the 2020 season, up to belmont opening, all games will be played at the coliseum. Barclays can't wait to dump the isles for concerts that draw a lot more.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The only thing that would be good about him signing with the Leafs (besides getting out of the division) is the absolute troll it would be to Lou :P

God only knows the kind of contracts he's gonna throw out in FA if the Isles don't re-sign JT and have to spend money to hit the floor.

Karlsson + Ryan would help them do it.:sarcasm:

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Having a sneaky GM is great. Been really lucky as a Devils fan for the last three decades.
I dont see how having a sneaky GM beats having a talkative GM in the actual world of the NHL and managing a team.

But it sure does suck as a fan hearing absolutely nothing but obvious, public team news.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I dont see how having a sneaky GM beats having a talkative GM in the actual world of the NHL and managing a team.

But it sure does suck as a fan hearing absolutely nothing but obvious, public team news.

"Sneaky" doesn't mean that Shero isnt talking to other teams. It means he knows how to do things to keep it out of the media.

You keep repeating yourself. At least you finally admitted you just want rumors because youre bored.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
"Sneaky" doesn't mean that Shero isnt talking to other teams. It means he knows how to do things to keep it out of the media.

You keep repeating yourself. At least you finally admitted you just want rumors because youre bored.
Obviously Shero talks to other GMs thats just silly, but he barely talks to the media. Sure he isnt as vague as Lou when he does talk but thats only 4-5 times a year practically

Its not just boredom - its actually annoying to me that we get such little media coverage already - add on top of that our team over the last three decades havent and continually dont talk about/have any specifics/rumors/etc..

Its beginning to become absurd that in such a media driven world the Devils are still talked about less than most high school football teams... And for the hardcore fans we get nothing to discuss because we havent heard as much as a peep about ANYTHING, not even just free agency. Jerseys, coaches, etc.. nothing but already public news.

edit: almost every team in the league has its 'known sources', do we have a single one?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm 99% sure I saw a comment on here from a Leafs fan that said something along the lines of "Doughty is chomping at the bit to play in Toronto." And I am very mad I didn't screenshot it for this moment.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Obviously Shero talks to other GMs thats just silly, but he barely talks to the media. Sure he isnt as vague as Lou when he does talk but thats only 4-5 times a year practically

Its not just boredom - its actually annoying to me that we get such little media coverage already - add on top of that our team over the last three decades havent and continually dont talk about/have any specifics/rumors/etc..

Its beginning to become absurd that in such a media driven world the Devils are still talked about less than most high school football teams... And for the hardcore fans we get nothing to discuss because we havent heard as much as a peep about ANYTHING, not even just free agency. Jerseys, coaches, etc.. nothing but already public news.

edit: almost every team in the league has its 'known sources', do we have a single one?

aka

you're bored

just like I said

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad