Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Okay that one's a straight cap hit deal. I wouldn't have minded that kind of trade but the Jets could only make that deal with one team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They also have Niemi as their backup who did fairly well with them last year, so yeah I'd imagine Mason would be a buyout for them.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The Kings are way too slow to be competitive anymore.

LULZ. You really can't teach an old dog new tricks.

This must be really convincing Tavares to stay

He'll never sniff the NHL and it's a pat on the back for a guy who has been a good soldier and a veteran in Bridgeport. It's like when we had Pelly in Albany. Those guys play a big role too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Sharks supposedly have like $19 million of cap space even this year, with Hertl and Tierney as RFA's and only a couple more spots (Thornton, depth d-man) left to fill out a full roster.

they don't have like anyone signed beyond this year lol

the only forwards they have under contract after this coming season are Evander Kane and Melker Karlsson

Well that was true five minutes ago :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Doesn't sound like a guy that's a sure bet to stay, or he's waiting for something 'else' to happen. If he does stay good grief, this whole process was just seemingly unneeded drama.

Reactions: MadDog172430

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Doesn't sound like a guy that's a sure bet to stay, or he's waiting for something 'else' to happen. If he does stay good grief, this whole process was just seemingly unneeded drama.

All indications are that he stays with NYb

A good photo-op for Lou with a mile-wide grin at the presser

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Isles would still be the betting favorite based on contract but I don't get why if it was such a no-brainer that he's going right literally down to the wire.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Only reason i say Islanders are the favorite is familiarity. If he really cant decide he will default to the Island. It was pretty cool of him to exclude all of the Metro teams i do respect him for that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't envy being an Isles fan in that position. I remember when Zach ruined my 4th of July. :laugh:

That's why I've been increasingly thinking he might walk...this is getting pretty reminiscent of the Zach 'decision', especially with the face of a franchise people assumed would stay till he left. Does JT have any boyhood friends he wants someone to sign first?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ennis on waivers to be bought out

Guess taking on his contract to get Nino isn't on the table anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad